Oil spill progression

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
1) Who or what is GW?
2) What can Airplanes and HumVees do against an oil spill (other than burn fuel)?
3) There are plenty of pics and quotes from him being there... playing golf, somehow I think not? Prove me wrong.

GW Bush. Humvee's & airlifts out of NEW ORLEANS except that the Louisiana Governor & the New Orleans Mayor declined federal help.

Bish...you can't find one pic or article of Obama, or his staff, anywhere near the oil spill/Louisiana for about the first ten days.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
That's right. The day the Coast Guard reassured Obama that there was no leak, he was planning on going to N.Carolina and play golf.

The Special Opps were already on scene to see what the explosion was about AND checking to see other platforms were potentially threatened. The C.G. shot out an 'All clear' and the President took them at their word. :shrug:

What part of your own timeline don't you understand?

The part where HE (or his staff) WASN'T THERE?

ResearchMonkey

You expect him to be hanging out on a boat in the ocean? LOL.

Although you might not expect him to be hanging out on a boat in river LOL.

Though his agency was charged with coordinating the federal response to the major oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, Department of the Interior chief of staff Tom Strickland was in the Grand Canyon with his wife last week participating in activities that included white-water rafting, ABC News has learned.
:swing:

MrBishop

The part where HE (or his staff) WASN'T THERE?
Check out Spike's link..it's quite precise as to the response to the explosion and subsequent leaks. Including this ditty
Deputy Secretary of Interior David Hayes is Deployed to the Gulf Coast
On The day after the initial explosion.

Cerise

How could anything else have priority over the gulf? 0bama dithered, the Gulf area withered!

sexxonvaldezlarge.jpg

valkyrie

Really?! wow
He's all over the place.
He was in front of the white house protesting around inauguration day about
coal being used to heat the white house.
He's a fanatic on the environment.
Nope you won't find a much 'Greenier' Green than than ol' Bob.

Good for him. :thumbup:
This is why I love my country. Anyone can protest anything they want and not get picked up and detained.

(Oh, shit... 2004 NYC National Republican Convention protests... ugh.)

valkyrie

Moving on...
Thursday, May 6th, 2010 events

I'm hoping that 100-ton concrete-and-steel box will stop the flow of oil into the gulf. But it's going to be quite a trick to keep the pipe from breaking. That rig was called "Deepwater Horizon" for a reason. There's 4,132 feet of water below where the rig was.

valkyrie

I find it odd how no one is interested in the spill and who will suffer for it, only pointing the political finger. :rolleyes: Pathetic.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I find it odd how no one is interested in the spill and who will suffer for it, only pointing the political finger. :rolleyes: Pathetic.

It's a spill. We've had them before & we'll have them again. The ones to suffer will be those that destroy mother earth for a profit & those who have to listen to those whine about them destroying mother earth for a profit.

I felt bad for the fishermen...then I realized they need to have a contingency plan. All the stories about multi-generational businesses being ruined....bullshit. Man, Fannie & Freddie destroyed the economy making my company lose business, which meant I took a cut in pay. Who can I sue?

valkyrie

I guess my comment in the other thread on the fishermen wasn't noteworthy
Not you, Cat... I did read the comment buried in among all the other bull shit, but I do read your comments, Cat, they are worth reading. I guess I'm just frustrated with all the trolling on this board and I apologize if I offended you. It wasn't meant to.

My concern is also for the small business folks (fishermen as well as those on land that will be affected). They just got through Katrina and many of them took out loans to buy their boats and rebuild their businesses. They won't be able to make the notes and will lose everything again.
It's a spill. We've had them before & we'll have them again. The ones to suffer will be those that destroy mother earth for a profit & those who have to listen to those whine about them destroying mother earth for a profit.

I felt bad for the fishermen...then I realized they need to have a contingency plan. All the stories about multi-generational businesses being ruined....bullshit. Man, Fannie & Freddie destroyed the economy making my company lose business, which meant I took a cut in pay. Who can I sue?
Gonz, have you ever been a fisherman? I would lay money you haven't. My granddad used to dock his boat with the shrimpers and it takes a lot of sweat and good weather to make ends meet. Contingency plans? That's not what brings cheap fish and shellfish to your supermarket. It's the same with small farmers. They are at the mercy of the weather and the environment to bring food to our tables. I don't think you thought that statement all the way through. :(

By the way, G took a 20% cut in pay and I am making the same pay I did 5 years ago. But we have jobs, and we know people who don't.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Gonz, have you ever been a fisherman? I would lay money you haven't. My granddad used to dock his boat with the shrimpers and it takes a lot of sweat and good weather to make ends meet. Contingency plans? That's not what brings cheap fish and shellfish to your supermarket. It's the same with small farmers. They are at the mercy of the weather and the environment to bring food to our tables. I don't think you thought that statement all the way through.

No ma'am I have thought it through.

They have been put into a situation where they are not to blame but they are to blame if they cannot find an alternative. No fish in my background but some farming there...not much different. Every watch your grandad plow with a mule? I have. When the freeze came, he was devastated. Then he got up & did it all again. If you're gonna have a business, you better have an alternative.

Ask GM.

By the way, G took a 20% cut in pay and I am making the same pay I did 5 years ago. But we have jobs, and we know people who don't.

If the fishermen get a check, we should too, right?