OTC BBQ 7/1-2/06

Slim Pickens

If I ever manage to be well again, I will be looking forward to Tonksy's Toxic Chocolate Cake...plus, it will be worth the trip just to see my three girls playing in that room!

*Asks that you pardon his whining...

:sick5: :barfonu: *puke3* :dump: *puke2* *puke* :tmi:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
alex said:
Are you trying to tell us you're sick?
I think so

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Slim...especially since you don't have anyone there to take care of you this week :(

That's one thing I hated about living so far from my mom...when I got sick I had noone to take care of me...nothing sucks more than being so sick you shouldn't be out of bed but having to get up and get your own drinks and soup :mope:

Slim Pickens

Thanks for the sympathy...but, I am, thankfully, one of those people who wants to be left the hell alnoe when sick...my mother only lives a few miles away, but if she were here it would drive me crazy...sure could use some of Red's homemade chicken soup, though:crap:

simplyred

Slim Pickens said:
Thanks for the sympathy...but, I am, thankfully, one of those people who wants to be left the hell alnoe when sick...my mother only lives a few miles away, but if she were here it would drive me crazy...sure could use some of Red's homemade chicken soup, though:crap:

Aww..and I made some tonight. I promise to make some as soon as I get home.

*rubs Slim's forehead and hopes he feels better

Now get those germs outta the house before I get there! My boss is going to Columbia next week...I can't be sick! j/j

T? I am having SUCH the chocolate attack now..I could have licked the monitor at the thought of the cake!

catocom

HomeLAN said:
and one pullout (which I'd hesitiate to recommend - ask Catocom).
I could hang with that again, if I didn't make toooo big a spectacle of myself
last time. (unless someone else needs it, then I still got my van) :D
I'm going more moderate this year, and maybe hang a couple of days.

Professur

Whipper-snapper. Why, when I was your age, we'd get walking pnemonia, and still have to walk to work, 20 miles, uphill, in 6 foot snowdrifts, put in 18 hours work, and then walk home, 20 miles, still uphill, through freezing rain.

Slim Pickens

#1 You are not that much older than me (even though I have no idea how old you are, I know that you have a son younger than my daughters)

#2 I have attempted to work through this, and was rather pointedly told by my supervisors that if I still had fever/diarrhea/vomiting to stay home

#3 I know that you are just giving me shit, but I felt the need to let everyone know that I would rather be at work, and that I am not usually the "whiny bitch" :crap:

alex

Professur said:
Whipper-snapper. Why, when I was your age, we'd get walking pnemonia, and still have to walk to work, 20 miles, uphill, in 6 foot snowdrifts, put in 18 hours work, and then walk home, 20 miles, still uphill, through freezing rain.

You forgot barefoot.