OTC BBQ 7/1-2/06

HomeLAN

Slim Pickens said:
#2 I have attempted to work through this, and was rather pointedly told by my supervisors that if I still had fever/diarrhea/vomiting to stay home

Halle-fuckin'-lujah. As somebody who manages people, let me tell ya - keep your damned germs at home where they belong. I'd rather cover for you for 3 days than for half the fuckin' shift for two weeks.

Come back when you're healthy.

Slim Pickens

I think that the Ebola Whooping Herpes is finally in remission...BTW, HL, that's has always been my philosophy, but not all supervisors necessarily agree

Stop Laughing

I might want to come after all... plus I might actually have something to contribute. My brother won a radio contest recently with a $100 gift certificate (can only be used once, though) for a steak wholesaler. Seeing as how I live in a dump and don't have a grill and stuff to hold my own BBQ here, maybe I could figure out a way to get all that steak down there... and be there to eat some of it myself. I'll try to get more details for you all later.

Stop Laughing

I don't have any better way of spending the gift certificate though. We can't have a BBQ here or anything anytime soon, and since it's only good once we'd have to spend it all at once, and we can't eat that much before it'd all spoil on us, so I really need a venue to serve it... they do have more than just steak, the brochure's around here somewhere...

tonksy

What company is it? I wonder if we have one here? I wonder if it's transferrable? Then you wouldn't have to travel with it.

tonksy

Sweet! Perhaps you could have it delivered here in Atlanta? Whether you can or not, I sincerely hope you can make it.

Stop Laughing

My brother has the gift certificate but has agreed that I can use it this way if I can. (a rare unselfish act of his, I'd better take advantage) I'll have to look at the terms and conditions to see if they could ship it to you instead of here and have me either reship it out or take it with me. It seems like we've been pretty lucky this year with winning things, the Macsimizer, a stereo system from the Super Bowl party, and now this. We're winning everything but cash, but at least we're winning. :D Now lemme see if they're having a drawing for free airlinie tickets in July...

Professur

Actually, you were the topic of discussion with the missus this morning. She was trying to remember your name, and it came up that, only 4 people have been to all OTC BBQs. Rob and Tonks, myself and you. It'd be a shame to break up a set.

Stop Laughing

Wow, I work in mysterious ways, I see. Actually seeing it being a weekend, it probably won't be all that difficult for me to make it. I've already taken a week off in the middle of June (had to wait until after inventory on 06/06/06, that day now REALLY looks like hell) but taking a couple days off around that weekend won't be bad. I just have to make sure that particular weekend isn't one of the weekends of 2 family weddings this year. I'll report later, meanwhile, pick out what steaks you want.

Stop Laughing

That weekend is free! The first wedding is the weekend after that, maybe I'll take off the whole week between those two weekends. I'll try to get everything set for the trip during this week, as well as the food.

HomeLAN

OK, that's one.

I'm hearing crickets, folks. Anyone else actually planning to get down here?

Where did you want to stay, SL? I have an open slot if you wish to claim it.

catocom

I'm coming, If the house gets full though, like I said, I can sleep in my van,
or I might pull up at profs camping place if he's staying at stone Mt.:shrug:
I can figure out something in any event.
I'll probably do maybe 2 days this time, just depending on how it goes, I reckon.

Or, of prof want to setup the popup, here at my house, that's all good too. ;)

chcr

Too cute for words
HomeLAN said:
OK, that's one.

I'm hearing crickets, folks. Anyone else actually planning to get down here?
I'd like to, Homey, really I would. At this point though the auguries do not seem propitious.

Inkara1

He also didn't show up last year.

Once I get the time off confirmed, I'll let all y'all know.