Palin: I'd come out ahead in run against 0bama

God I hate to defend her but the truth, at this time is:

LA Times said:
Sarah Palin not under FBI investigation, agency spokesman says

The former GOP vice presidential candidate's surprise resignation as Alaska governor had set off speculation, including rumors of a pending federal corruption probe or charges.

By Josh Meyer
July 5, 2009

Reporting from Washington -- A day after Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin resigned, a federal official in her home state dismissed one potential explanation for her sudden and unexpected resignation: a rumored FBI investigation into the former Wasilla mayor on public corruption charges.

Despite rumors of a looming controversy after the Republican governor's surprise announcement Friday that she would leave office this month, some of them published in the blogosphere, the FBI's Alaska spokesman said the bureau had no investigation into Palin for her activities as governor, as mayor or in any other capacity.

"There is absolutely no truth to those rumors that we're investigating her or getting ready to indict her," Special Agent Eric Gonzalez said in a phone interview Saturday. "It's just not true." He added that there was "no wiggle room" in his comments for any kind of inquiry.

The FBI has been active in mounting corruption investigations in Alaska, some to see whether local, state and federal lawmakers illegally received favors, money or free construction work from businesses or people seeking favors.

The most high-profile case was against former Republican Sen. Ted Stevens, whose conviction last year on charges of lying on Senate ethics forms stemmed from charges that a politically connected developer had done work on his house illegally.

The Obama administration Justice Department threw out the charges in April, saying prosecutors had failed to turn over potentially helpful information to Stevens' defense team. Some bloggers have speculated that such an FBI investigation was underway on Palin, who still had 18 months left in her term.

Also Saturday, the former GOP vice presidential nominee posted a statement on her Facebook page, not offering specifics but indicating that she had broad goals after she leaves the governor's office.

She did not say whether she planned to run for president in 2012, but criticized media coverage of her announcement:

"How sad that Washington and the media will never understand; it's about country. And though it's honorable for countless others to leave their positions for a higher calling and without finishing a term, of course we know by now, for some reason a different standard applies for the decisions I make."

[email protected]

jimpeel

That bears repeating:

"How sad that Washington and the media will never understand; it's about country. And though it's honorable for countless others to leave their positions for a higher calling and without finishing a term, of course we know by now, for some reason a different standard applies for the decisions I make."

Barack Obama, left his position for a higher calling and without finishing his term;
Joe Biden, left his position for a higher calling and without finishing his term;
Hillary Clinton, left her position for a higher calling and without finishing her term;
Ken Salazar, left his position for a higher calling and without finishing his term;
The list goes on.

jimpeel

What's Palin's higher calling?

No one knows but it looks like she is going to start prepping for a full blown presidential run. That takes years, as evidenced by the current president's campaign, and he spent under 200 days as a senator.

It's looking like she should be under investigation.

So it is spoken. So it shall be. Spike has made this decree that the federal government shall go forth from this place and get that bitch if it is the last fucking thing they ever do or they shall face the wrath of Spike for ... uuh ... oh ... <Emily Litella>nevermind</Emily Litella>.

spike

No one knows but it looks like she is going to start prepping for a full blown presidential run.

Oh yeah sure, she's quitting 3 1/2 years early to run for president. :laugh:

Nope, her career is over at this point.

So it is spoken. So it shall be. Spike has made this decree that the federal government shall go forth

Nope, obviously there's good deal of evidence of misconduct with SBS and it should be investigated. If it's all just a coincidence then by all means she can go ahead and fade into obscurity.

Actually I kind of doubt she is. She talked a lot about how being under a magnifying glass with her family was a hardship. It would not surprise me if she did not run.

jimpeel

Oh by all means she should act like a westerner and show them! Then maybe she can end up like this!

honor-400.jpg

The picture is from HERE

And the caption reads:

The bodies of Sunita Devi (L), 21, and her partner Jasbir Singh, 22, lie on the ground after they were killed by villagers in an “honour killing” in Ballah village in the northern Indian state of Haryana May 9, 2008. Growing economic opportunities for young people and lower castes in Haryana have made “love marriages” more common, experts say, and the violent repression of them has risen in tandem as upper caste Jat men fight to hold on to power, status and property. Picture taken May 9, 2008. INDIA-HONOURKILLING/ REUTERS/Stringer

These are Indians, not Arabs, and they do not wear Burqas in India.

Cerise

If you consider being a racist bigotted xenophobe "telling it like it is".

Are you a white supremacist Cerise?

What has given you the impression I am white? In the least that is very presumptuous of you, and quite possibly racist as well. :shrug:

With an audience of 8.25 million weekly listeners, Michael Savage is rated 3rd in the nation by Talkers Magazine behind Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. We like the way he tells it like it is.

Cerise

How sad that Washington and the media will never understand; it’s about country. And though it's honorable for countless others to leave their positions for a higher calling and without finishing a term, of course we know by now, for some reason a different standard applies for the decisions I make.

Oh, yeah, then she closed with:

God bless you! And I look forward to making a difference – with you!

Sarah

spike

What has given you the impression I am white? In the least that is very presumptuous of you, and quite possibly racist as well. :shrug:

I didn't presume anything. I asked you a direct question which you have not answered. It's very interesting that you wouldn't answer that one.

I asked if you were a white supremacist. I'll add another question...do you agree or disagree with the white supremacist's agenda?

We like the way he tells it like it is.

So do you think all the listeners are racist bigotted xenophobes or do think it's a Howard Stern type of thing?

Cerise

"Very interesting" only to you. I guess you still haven't figured out since your release back into the general population that I don't play your games and history shows I have never answered your so-called "direct questions."

But you keep up your harassment if you think it is in your best interest.

:thumbup:

spike

Continued insults, personal attacks, and harassment from you? Wow.

Where was the insult, personal attack, or harassment? I'm just asking if you're a white supremacist.

Yes or No question. Are you?

You really are afraid of that question. Wow.