Pathetic "Comedian" Fixates On Sex With Teen Girl, Audience Delighted

spike

yeah gonzie the right has stepped up just as many times to control speech so don't be playing victim here.

You can have free speech as long as it's something the right agrees with. Remember al the outrage about the Dixie Chicks?

Hypocrisy.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Remember al the outrage about the Dixie Chicks?

Hypocrisy.

Let's see.

Overseas & denigrating our President while at war. The people said that was :bs: However, they never lost their contract, thier licensing nor their job.

Imus did.

Dave didn't.

hey minkey, off hand, I don't recall anyone on the right suspending your speech. Maybe it was MrS Gore? Nope, sorry, she was a lefiie too.

Altron

There's 3 simple steps for what to do if someone in the media (Imus, Letterman, Palin, Dixie Chicks, whoever) offends you.
1) Cry a river
2) Build a bridge
3) Get over it

Let's see.

Overseas & denigrating our President while at war. The people said that was :bs: However, they never lost their contract, thier licensing nor their job.

Imus did.

Dave didn't.

hey minkey, off hand, I don't recall anyone on the right suspending your speech. Maybe it was MrS Gore? Nope, sorry, she was a lefiie too.

Yes there is a big difference though, one some of you appear too dim to see....

Dave and The Dixie Chicks offended specific people with specific reputations and in doing so angered followers of those people.

Imus slurred an entire race based on nothing more than being a blowhard idiot. Quite a difference for those of us who think about it in a logical rational manner.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Gov Palins 14 year old daughter has a reputation? Damn.

Politics ends at the waters edge. ESPECIALLY during war.

spike

They called bullshit appropriately and cons all over got pissy.

Imus did.

Imus got screwed because his advertisers bolted.

Dave didn't.

of course not. There wasn't much to his joke so his advertisers are intact.

Not sure if you have a point here yet.

jimpeel

Yeah, I brought it up and you didn't answer.

Yes I did. I showed you that it was a Leftist who made fun of Chelsea, not the right. I posted the video of Hillary expressing her outrage at the remark made by this Leftist. Can you post a similar video of her or her husband expressing outrage at Limbaugh or McCain for an off-color joke?

You said:

I wonder what the difference was when McCain or Limbaugh made jokes about Chelsea.

The difference is that Limbaugh and McCain never made jokes about Chelsea. You pulled that right outta your ass. You cannot show me one joke told about Chelsea by either of them especially about sex or her being publicly raped.

jimpeel

You can have free speech as long as it's something the right agrees with. Remember al the outrage about the Dixie Chicks?

Hypocrisy.

And Imus? <loses job>

And Lott? <loses job>

Robert Byrd talks about White niggers <crickets>

Jesse Jackson talks about Hymie town <crickets>

Louis Farrakhan talks about rich Jews washing themselves with soap made from the bones of poor Jews <crickets>

Rev. Sharpton lies in the Tawana Brawley case <crickets>

Rev. Sharpton incites hatred resulting in the deaths of seven White people <crickets>

Yeah, you are right. There is a whole lot of hypocrisy out there.

jimpeel

Let's see.

Imus did.

Dave didn't.

I forgot about Tipsy Gore's campaign to stifle musical creativity. That wasn't an attempt to stifle free speech, was it?

jimpeel

Yes there is a big difference though, one some of you appear too dim to see....

Dave and The Dixie Chicks offended specific people with specific reputations and in doing so angered followers of those people.

Imus slurred an entire race based on nothing more than being a blowhard idiot. Quite a difference for those of us who think about it in a logical rational manner.

BULLSHIT! Imus "slurred" twenty women on a basketball team. He apologized. He appeared on Sharpton's radio show where he apologized again. He still lost his job.

Jesse Jackson slurred everyone in "Hymie town" <crickets>

Farrakhan slurred all Jews everywhere <crickets>

You really need to get up to date on what is going on out there. We'll wait while you catch up to the rest of us. That is the Liberal way, after all.

Since when are Dave and the Dixie Chicks synonymous with Jackson and Farrakhan? You really need to work on your reading comprehension it seems! Besides what do you think should happen to Jackson or Farrakhan? Should they be "fired"? Talk about comparing apples to summer squash!

Bullshit my ass! You are an angry white man because you choose to be and for no other reason. It is a conscious choice and you've chosen bitterness and resentment, and so you see it everywhere you look. We all see what we look for. Am I saying there is no wrong or injustice or inequality? Nope, not at all; yet what you choose to see, becomes magnified and you obviously are more interested in problems, blame and conflict, then on solving them or resolution. Let us know how that is werkin' for ya Jim?!?

2minkey

bootlicker

no, ms. gore was/is just a jerk.

you really can't be serious though. you people have historically opposed just about everything and the speech that surrounds it, from booze, to nudie pics, to "communists" and "southern european anarchists," to jerry lee lewis, to civil rights... what the fuck dude, you must be joking.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Booze was outlawed by the PROGRESSIVE movement.

Nude pics - perhaps, though we haven't outlawed them

Communists - McCarthy was correct.

south euro anarchists (unsure & too lazy to investigate)

The same Jerry Lee that was booted from England for marrying his cousin?

Civil rights? Get real, the Republicans (not necessarily conservatives) overcame the Dixiecrats to help LBJ pass the final round. Before that, a (R) commenced a civil war to free blacks held in bondage.

spike

Yes I did. I showed you that it was a Leftist who made fun of Chelsea, not the right.

Oh, then you were just wrong because McCain and Limbaugh (the right) made Chelsea jokes.

The difference is that Limbaugh and McCain never made jokes about Chelsea. You pulled that right outta your ass.

Stuff this in your ass Jim...

http://crooksandliars.com/2008/02/09/john-mccains-crude-chelsea-clinton-joke

Limbaugh also called Chelsea a dog.

Don't make up shit Jim. Check your facts.

Maybe there to many <crickets> for you to notice? Right wing hypocrisy.

Inkara1

Say, isn't that a blog? That says "OK, it's a blog!" on the top and has an award displayed for a Time.com "best blog"? I seem to remember someone railing against using blogs as sources.

Also, the blog entry links to a salon.com article from 1998, in which it was said that there was no tape of it or other definitive proof, but he "reportedly" told that joke. Who "reported" that he told it?

2minkey

bootlicker
Booze was outlawed by the PROGRESSIVE movement.

Nude pics - perhaps, though we haven't outlawed them

Communists - McCarthy was correct.

south euro anarchists (unsure & too lazy to investigate)

The same Jerry Lee that was booted from England for marrying his cousin?

Civil rights? Get real, the Republicans (not necessarily conservatives) overcame the Dixiecrats to help LBJ pass the final round. Before that, a (R) commenced a civil war to free blacks held in bondage.

so the that makes the dixiecrats... what... liberal?

okay let's try this again. take the idea of "conservative" and construct it broadly, considering what "conservative" has stood for over the years.

y'all just don't like people gettin' new ideas. plain and simple.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
From the Salon link
McCain's lapse in judgment -- admittedly, not as big a lapse as having a sexual relationship with an intern --

:lol:

Damn, I for one am glad that McCain isn't our President. His tastsless jokes suck. In 1998 the girl should have been off limits - publically. However, today, she is speaking for her mother & is no longer off limits. I'm sure glad they didn't attack the Bush twins.

More from Salon
But the joke revealed more than a mean streak in a man who would be president. It also exposed how the Washington Post, New York Times and Los Angeles Times play favorites when reporting the foibles of our leading politicians.
SALON | June 25, 1998

Cerise

Franken, you lying liar.

Ladies and gentlemen, I’m sorry. Let me tell you very quickly what happened last Friday night.

There was a new in list and new out list that was published in the newspaper. The writer said in, cute kid in the White House; out, cute dog in the White House. Could we show the cute dog in the White House who’s out, and they put up a picture of Chelsea Clinton back in the crew. And many of you people think that we did it on purpose to make a cheap comment on her appearance. And I’m terribly sorry. I don’t–look, that takes no talent whatsoever and I have a lot of talent.

I don’t need to get laughs by commenting on people’s looks, especially a young child who’s done nothing wrong. I mean, she can’t control the way she looks. And we really–we do not–we do not do that on this kind of show. So put a picture up of her now and so we can square this.

You know, she’s [Hillary Clinton] got an interview out in Redbook magazine that just came out this week. And in it she says that she thinks it’s very childish of shows like “Saturday Night Live” to make fun of Chelsea. And I agree.

I mean, I don’t think you should take shots at a little kid, especially the way a little kid looks and… Well, they do it on “Saturday Night Live” and they’re really mean and vicious about it. And I think that it’s worth pointing out that the liberals who run “Saturday Night Live” are the ones doing that. They always say that people like me make fun of the way people look, and we haven’t done that; and-and so she [Hillary] talks about that…