Pictures of home

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Where do you consider yourself to be from? I grew up in Ontario but I am from Newfoundland. I was born there and I was raised with the values from there.

Some pics of my home :)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Doesn't that make her some odd cross breed between a Moose, a Sheep and Bigfoot?

HomeLAN

That's a burial mound for the Indian tribes that used to live around here. That's simply how they made 'em. There's a whole network of those about 20 miles north of me, and that's where that shot came from.

Professur

With a stair leading to the top ....

so, it's a tourist attraction to go and walk over someone's grave???

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I've been a Tennessee boy all my life. Strayed into the middle part of the state for college and too many years beyond. Now I'm back where I belong, and ain't nothin' gonna get me away ever again!

I haven't any decent photos of my own available. Our home sits literally across the road from the Appalachians, we have a stunning view right from the front porch. These are some shots of my county though...enjoy!

farm3.jpg

farm2.jpg

mlsunset.jpg

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Oops, used wrong button, meant to do just the links. Sorry. Chalk it up to rookie mistakes and postpone the beheading, please. :spank:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Lan, how far are you from Raybun County? I would really like to go there someday and tour the Foxfire facilities and surrounding area.

The spouse and I have considered a weekend jaunt to either Raybun County or Helen Georgia. Also, we thought about going to Chattanooga and then down into some places in extreme north GA...very beautiful area. Any suggestions?

One final thing...thank you so much for the Stone Mountain shot. It's a travesty that the monument itself is no longer part of the guided tour. When we start bending to the pressure and denying our own history, we can start the death clock ticking on our very culture.

Professur

Seriously? That's worse. At least if it was inside, it would be limited by 4 walls. (You do use all four walls there, don't you?)

How many rolls of toilet paper did you use to make that mess? And how long has it been there. Looks like way too long.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Pretty, but flat. If it ain't got a mountain I ain't stayin' long.

I have family in central FLA...Lake Alfred area. They get gators in the back yard and water moccasins in the house. Any similar problems in your neck of the swamp? :)