Poll Finds Rare Optimism in Americans

MrBishop

you actually wanted to deal with HS kiddies?

i had a roommate that taught HS english and she was thinking about going back to waitressing - which she viewed as superior in the personal dignity department even with all the boobie-staring - about 3 weeks into it...
Yeah...it's a special form of insanity. :drink:

H2O boy

oh but you are to be trusted when no one else is. since you like spelling things out, thats called h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y

DAMN! There is no hypocrisy involved because there you go again, a-s-s-u-m-i-n-g.
Who said I didn't trust anyone else? Not me. You did. And that is an assumption, which it is my pleasure to remind you, means you made an ass of yourself, again! And H2Oboy didn't wait to see what the deal was before jumping in with that superior intelligence thing. Guess they didn't teach that patience is a virtue in one of those high falutin' institutions of greater learning you got better than a "D" in. Because that wasn't very smart.

anytime sunshine i made better than Ds in school the first time. lets start there shall we?
Okay. Let's start there. Guess I lose round one.
Now see, I am willing to trust you (no hypocrisy there) on that one so let's advance. But from here on in, each of us must present proof. Still game?

n-o, i-t-s c-a-l-l-e-d N-O-Y-B. c-l-e-a-r e-n-o-u-g-h? o-r d-o i n-e-e-d t-o d-r-a-w y-o-u a p-i-c-t-u-r-e?

DADGUMMIT H2Oboy!!! Don't you recall the chain of events? It was you who threw out a challenge on a previous thread that both Spike and I called you on. And because you opened the door with the challenge, that made it my business.
Looks like all that education and superior intelligence you keep droning on about might have bought you book smarts but it sure as hell left you standing with your rear flank exposed.

as you wish. my time aint up yet. husseins still in office

i will play your game until it bores me with one understanding. i will reveal nothing online that would identify me personally for reasons i think we both would comprehend

BeardofPants

Just call me Mr.B.A in nothing particularly useful. Hell, the only time that my Education comes in handy is during online arguments. I get one hellovalot more mileage on my 'certification' than I'm likely to get out of my major/minor.

My university qualifications (BA & post-grad dip Arts) got me my current job in the military. :swing:

Frank Probity

Until it bores you? You either go the route through ten probing questions or there will be no go. You submit five questions as do I. Each party must asnswer the same questions they ask. You still want to continue?

As far as being concerned about anonymity, I really do not care who you are in real life. Anyone can wave a flag on the internet and declare anything they want. Who's to say?
But, keep in mind there will be questions requiring revealing personal information and that information must be accompanied with documentation (actual verifiable paperwork) which means, someone will know who you are. That someone to be a third party we both agree on who is willing to participate as mediator. The mediator will determine verification of documentation provided.

If willing to continue I'll draw up the details with the understanding privacy is paramount. Or, if the terms are not suitable, you can pick up your tent now and walk away. I'm still in. And remember, I really don't give a shit who you are. I just want to kick your ass for being so pompous and have someone else know it. Of course, there is always the possibility it might be the other way around but I'm willing to take that chance. Are you?

2minkey

bootlicker
My university qualifications (BA & post-grad dip Arts) got me my current job in the military. :swing:

you're fortunate. and you probably do really well in a job interview. and i'm guessing you speak more than one language. you're some kinda analyst, right?

i guess i look at a BA as "no guarantee" of a job. or of talent level. i've had people working under me with BAs that could not think their way out of a lobster pot, but, then, there have been a few that can kick the shit out of almost anything.

MrBishop

you're fortunate. and you probably do really well in a job interview. and i'm guessing you speak more than one language. you're some kinda analyst, right?

i guess i look at a BA as "no guarantee" of a job. or of talent level. i've had people working under me with BAs that could not think their way out of a lobster pot, but, then, there have been a few that can kick the shit out of almost anything.
Well...a Master's is the new B.A. when it comes to standing out in a CV contest.
Multiple-languages help quite a bit...even more so in some places...hell, in the Montreal area, you can't even get a job unless you're at least bilingual (French and English)...a third language helps..especially if it's Spanish, Cantonese, or Farsi.

H2O boy

Until it bores you? You either go the route through ten probing questions or there will be no go. You submit five questions as do I. Each party must asnswer the same questions they ask. You still want to continue?

As far as being concerned about anonymity, I really do not care who you are in real life. Anyone can wave a flag on the internet and declare anything they want. Who's to say?
But, keep in mind there will be questions requiring revealing personal information and that information must be accompanied with documentation (actual verifiable paperwork) which means, someone will know who you are. That someone to be a third party we both agree on who is willing to participate as mediator. The mediator will determine verification of documentation provided.

If willing to continue I'll draw up the details with the understanding privacy is paramount. Or, if the terms are not suitable, you can pick up your tent now and walk away. I'm still in. And remember, I really don't give a shit who you are. I just want to kick your ass for being so pompous and have someone else know it. Of course, there is always the possibility it might be the other way around but I'm willing to take that chance. Are you?

so let me see here. to ''win'' this little pissing contest i have to submit personal data to some unknown entity online, thus compromising among other things my credit report

and if i am too smart to engage in such foolishness you get to run around with a carrot up your ass screaming ''i win!''

here. have a carrot. the very fact that you are stupid enough to even suggest some asinine nonsense such as this makes all the point i need made

toddle along now and let the adults talk awhile. you got your three minutes of attention, now go pick your nose and watch cartoons awhile mkay? maybe do some homework

BeardofPants

I interview well, only speak english. Geospatial analyst. Studied geography & GIS at uni, and now I work mostly with GIS systems. Geo-intelligence, satellite imagery analysis, etc. My BA / post-grad was probably more "practical" than some disciplines.

Frank Probity

[
QUOTE=H2O boy;630988]so let me see here. to ''win'' this little pissing contest i have to submit personal data to some unknown entity online, thus compromising among other things my credit report

Hey Dude! You didn't have to take it this far if you didn't want to. The entire gig was upfront from the beginning. No subterfuge, just a "let's see what you got to brag about" and you failed test.

and if i am too smart to engage in such foolishness you get to run around with a carrot up your ass screaming ''i win!''

If you are so damn smart, you never would have stuck your head in the trap in the first place. Shows what all that formal education didn't teach you.

here. have a carrot. the very fact that you are stupid enough to even suggest some asinine nonsense such as this makes all the point i need made

I was smart enough to suck you in to prove what a fraud you are. And succeeded by calling your hand. So who is the stupid one. I noticed you kept coming back for more and by your own declaration, it wasn't very smart.

toddle along now and let the adults talk awhile.

It would be fine if you fit the category of adult. Somehow you miss the mark as an adult or as a person of integrity. Intelligent people do not feel the need to imply they are something they are not. And since there are two in the discussion and only one implying they are of superior intelligence, the finger points in your direction.

maybe do some homework

HOMEWORK ?? All done. Semester over. Did quite well too. Much higher grades than a "D". Better the second time around.
And really special thanks for taking the bait. For permitting me to lead you to the trough for a sip and watching as you took a drink. Another display of superior intelligence and based on your inability to spot a trap, proving yourself so eager to be the fool.
Once again, you left your rear flank exposed.

My point has been made and it is now time for me to move on. Nothing more here to see. :wave:

valkyrie

... other than fisting.
:rofl: :lol: :lol2: :rofl2: :rofl3:
Clear some space on the table...there's a dick-measuring contest that's about to begin :rolleyes:
ooh! ooh! I want to be judge! Can I be judge? I have my own ruler! :bluegrab:

If it still took brains to get into University instead of a deep pocket-book, we'd be a damn sight better off in our schools...and yes, I am knocking myself in that particular swipe.

Just call me Mr.B.A in nothing particularly useful. Hell, the only time that my Education comes in handy is during online arguments. I get one hellovalot more mileage on my 'certification' than I'm likely to get out of my major/minor.
Meh... people change careers so much that many people end up in a career that is different from what was originally planned. I taught physics for a while before realizing I could make twice as much doing something else with far less bull shit and far more respect. I am now a VOIP Engineer (and part time dick-measuring judge, but that's just a hobby) making more than I would have with 30 years of teaching experience. :shrug: How fucked up is that?