Poutine

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Dude, I meant in the summer, not in the dead of winter, unless you are a masocist.

It's frelling freezing here right now.

summer we have festivals, BBQs, scantily clad women....

you get the idea

Uki Chick

unclehobart said:
3 months ago I would have jumped at it... but I've become super busy right now. The first forseeable break in the action would be about mid spring... besides, I've always wanted to be up there for a few days in high summer to see everything green and experience a 15 hour long day... not a bitterly cold 8 hour day. If I came up now, I could only stay for like a day and a half... and after the 21-23 hours it would take to drive it. I dare say that I would end up sleeping for a good 12 to shake off such a long drive. That would leave one day to try and visit all 5 of you up there. With a little foreplanning, I could make it a much more comfortable 3 day visit and muscle in on one of the Bish-B-Q's

The spring, summer is obviously much better than the winter. A big ass bbq and or pool party would be great I think, and this way you get to experience the montreal night life!!!

unclehobart

I'll pencil it in... although I must warn you that my band is starting to accelerate and my time could just as easily evaporate. I do think we have something being scheduled for the Massachusetts area sometime in late spring. I might have to take my own vehicle up and then break away from them when it is done and just make the short drive over to you at that point. If I get a girlfriend by then, I might just have to drag her along ith me. I'm sure shed love the Montreal scene and the common friend base.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Uki Chick said:
i agree!!!

Unc, the two of us can be considered one since we live together, but technically, yes five

we can't be considered one, we are 2

we pay taxes for 2

unclehobart

Its not merely corn... its what they turn corn into. I never had the poutine in Alberta because I assumed that there was corn starch in the gravy. I don't drink 95% of beers because they use corn in the brewing process. Barbecue sauces are all death to me. I have to use only dry rubs. Vinegar is corn... You get the idea. I will probably just have to take massive amounts of Benadryl for a week and then just go up there and live and eat normal. Theres no way I can eat out otherwise.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
unclehobart said:
Its not merely corn... its what they turn corn into. I never had the poutine in Alberta because I assumed that there was corn starch in the gravy. I don't drink 95% of beers because they use corn in the brewing process. Barbecue sauces are all death to me. I have to use only dry rubs. Vinegar is corn... You get the idea. I will probably just have to take massive amounts of Benadryl for a week and then just go up there and live and eat normal. Theres no way I can eat out otherwise.

my dear dear friend, when pouine time comes I will ask my sweet sweet mother in law to mix up a corn free gravy (she cooks REAL good)

and red wine vinegar? apple vinegar?

maple BBQ sauce, no corn products.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Ribs steamed in maple syrop, then slowly marinated, to let the flavour infuse through the entire thing.

tehn put on a smoky grill..

I can't wait till summer

Professur

Paul, I mean this in the nicest possible way.

Fuck. You.

Now I have to go and eat a couple of dry sandwiches, and a noodle cup. Thanks a lot.

unclehobart

red wine and cider vinegars are grapes and apples... so... yes... very much acceptable indeed. Lord knows, my allergies have made me a better cook.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Professur said:
Paul, I mean this in the nicest possible way.

Fuck. You.

Now I have to go and eat a couple of dry sandwiches, and a noodle cup. Thanks a lot.

all I got is smokes and coffee!!!!!!

unclehobart

Ooo... French coffee. Do you have a press coffee toy? Buying one has proved to be the best decision I've made in quite a long while. If not, you don't know what you're missing. I can't go back to drip. BonJour is the best brand.