Problems to be addressed by fury because of the move

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
to simplify matters, because there will be some, place all new complaints here until it's resolved. Thanks

and BTW-Nice job, fury

ris

the only thing i have noticed is occaisional slow-downs or stops in connection, but figure thats a switch over thing. other than that, nothing to report here, sah.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
All I have to say is GOOD JOB!

oh, and, you are damn lucky it's Unc's av that got left behind and not my mousey!!! :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
fixed unc's av, he uploaded a new one to the old otc in the time between the point when I'd transferred the sites files and when I'd transferred the databases.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
It does the same thing if I even click on a forum, as soon as I get there, they are all marked as read. :confuse3:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
on the other hand I can't browse Xibase...it worked earlier, then died

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
yes propagation is happening faster than anticipated but is causing a few problems along the way

fury

Administrator
Staff member
As for the forums all being marked as read as soon as you enter, as well as the login-logout-login-logout issue, try deleting all cookies related to xibase.com and otcentral.com, and make sure you're getting here via the new address, http://www.otcentral.com/phpbb/index.php (or, by typing otcentral.com or www.otcentral.com which, on the new server, both automatically forward to the correct address)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:confuse3:

Still no Xi, it's saying 'Moving. If you're still seeing this message, we haven't moved yet'

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Try a reboot, or if that doesn't work/you don't want to, and you're feeling bold, go to Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Services, find DNS Client - rightclick, select Stop, then wait for it to stop. Right click it again and start. Then try.

If you still get the same message, your ISP hasn't updated the DNS for xibase.com (which is strange, since xibase.com and otcentral.com are on the same registrar)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Ok, I've cleaned out my cookies and Temp Internet files, both through IE and with Window Washer. I'm still having trouble staying logged on. I log on, and everything looks ok, but when I go in a forum, it says I'm not logged on.

On a happy note, the pages seem to be loading A LOT quicker than before.

ris

someone once showed me a trick to force a refresh of isp cache. type /???123 at the end of the address. also, don't forget the shitf-f5 trick to force refresh your own cache. it might help things