Problems to be addressed by fury because of the move

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
weird. if i close the browser, and go to OTC, it remembers my login...if i go to another page and hit the back button it doesn't remember my login.
i had no problems at all, until i removed all the cookies like you said :(

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
fury said:
Try a reboot, or if that doesn't work/you don't want to, and you're feeling bold, go to Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Services, find DNS Client - rightclick, select Stop, then wait for it to stop. Right click it again and start. Then try.

If you still get the same message, your ISP hasn't updated the DNS for xibase.com (which is strange, since xibase.com and otcentral.com are on the same registrar)
Neither of those worked, I'm still getting the message...we know what my ISP is like with Xi,
I guess Rogers strikes again :retard:

Nixy, are you home, I'd like to know if it's working for you?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Les: I am at school but it is not working for me either. I won't be home for quite some time so I won't beable to check it there. I can almost gaurantee that it is not Roger's internet here though.....

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Indeed

The worst part is I COULD get to the new Xi before I could get to OTC and now Xi is gone again :(

ris

Shadowfax said:
weird. if i close the browser, and go to OTC, it remembers my login...if i go to another page and hit the back button it doesn't remember my login.
i had no problems at all, until i removed all the cookies like you said :(

i'm suffering the same thing now :(

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Why did I know this stale cookie stuff was gonna happen again?

I hope for my sake this is the last move, EVER.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
No it won't. Not with my luck. It'll last forever, nobody will be able to get to OTC and the site will have to close. On the plus side, it'll make for a better chance Xi will be resurrected :brow:

Oh who the hell am I kidding, every site I run is doomed. Doomed all the way to hell. :crying3:

HeXp£Øi±

Thanks for coming to my rescue Gonz. I'd been using these shortcuts so i thought the place was still down.

http://otcentral.xibase.com/phpbb/search.php?search_id=newposts
http://www.xibase.com/modules.php?op=modload&amp;name=Active_Topics&amp;file=index

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I tried applying a fix to one of the includes (sessions.php), lmk if you can stay logged in and new post markers work.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Before I could see the front page of Xi and got the rror when enetering the forums

Now I get it on the front page...

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Ok, here is what is happening for me now.

If I click on View New Posts, I stay logged in, and see the new posts. :D

If I then click on the title of the thread, I stay logged in and can view the thread. :D

If I click on the little page icon that takes me to the newest post in the thread, it logs me off. ?(

If I click on the title bar at the top of the page, it logs me off. ?(

I've cleared all my cookies, checked the box to use autologin, I get the same thing.

greenfreak

ditto. But I just want to say that the pages are loading so much faster than they used to, and I appreciate your work guys. I know this must be a pain in the tuckus but I'll be patient! :kiss:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
*sigh* :crying3:

What OS and browser?

If IE5/6, what are your Security and Privacy settings?