profile picture

unclehobart

To me, it sounds like mid to late 80's heavy metal with some nice progressive orchestration. Think of Def Leppard scrambled into Whitesnake and plastered over Queensryche moodiness with a guitar player that puts everyone who has ever played in the last 30 years to shame.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
The demos on that page are awesome. Now, get your Bio up there too...

unclehobart

PuterTutor said:
The demos on that page are awesome. Now, get your Bio up there too...
I technically of the band, but not in the band. I'm thought of more as a super roadie/session man right now. It will take some more flushing out of material for me to play to get that kind of voting power promotion as well as any kind of cut into the real $.

PT

That sucks. I guess Keyboards in a Heavy Metal band just doesn't have the same umph as Drums or Guitar, huh?

unclehobart

It does... just not utterly full time like drums and singing.

Think of DIO's Holy Diver. All of that minute long lead in of creepy noise would be my job. Rainbow in the Dark's catch melody is a simple 14 note keyboard riff looped over and over. Its not much playing, but its certainly not the same song without it. My stuff is scattered all throughout like that. ONly on one song am I playing through 100% of the piece.

PT

Oh, I didn't mean you're not important, I could hear you in a few of the songs, it's just not the same level of badass, that's all.

I still think you should be up there with the other three, personally, but you need to start practicing your sinister look for the pics.

unclehobart

I do puppy dog better than I do sinister. I haven't heard those old compressed mp3s in a while. I think the track Do You doesn't even have keyboards at all on the album even though thats the song that I play full time on live. What I do makes the whole song feel like an earthquake.

freako104

unclehobart said:
To me, it sounds like mid to late 80's heavy metal with some nice progressive orchestration. Think of Def Leppard scrambled into Whitesnake and plastered over Queensryche moodiness with a guitar player that puts everyone who has ever played in the last 30 years to shame.

I like it.

unclehobart

I hate that online crud. Its unmastered and sounds like it was recorded in a garbage can in a distant room. The final album is 10 times better... and by coincidence, said same CDs are coming in via UPS tomorrow. Thats what my trip to the bank was for.. to set up a sidebar account for holding the bands cash as well as be the recipient of the PayPal account stuff. We need to go out and look for some form of shipping supplies today... ugh... I'm in the vortex. If it wern't for this mug of tea that I'm drnking... I wouldn't even be here now.