Prop 19: Marijuana Legalization Gets its Number in California

valkyrie

I agree.
I actually think pot is probably less destructive.
Alcohol nearly killed me, and I'm holding a grudge.:p

I wasn't necessarily presenting that fact as an opposition to legalization.
Merely pointing out that it does have some negative effects.
I understand, cat. Moderation is best in all things.

spike

The point is one hit and you are affected. Marijuana slows your reaction time which makes it unsafe to drive. You can have a glass of wine and be fine.

That also depends on the person and the strength of the drink but you are certainly affected.

This is unrelated to whether either should be legal though.

I find it funny that it bothers you that I can ruin someones troll by using their same reasoning. It's true too. I've never seen people act as stupider than when they are on a bunch of pain meds and there's a very high profile right winger associated with Oxycontin.

Gotholic

I find it funny that it bothers you that I can ruin someones troll by using their same reasoning. It's true too. I've never seen people act as stupider than when they are on a bunch of pain meds and there's a very high profile right winger associated with Oxycontin.

You mimic constantly whether it be troll or not.

valkyrie

If marijuana becomes legal in this state, and it is still illegal on the federal level, this could become very interesting with respect to the battle of state rights.

valkyrie

That's true. We've already had Fed raids on legal medical marijuana operations.
I wasn't aware of that! Is this since this new administration took office? I thought that Prez B. Obama said that he was opposed to federal raids on the state-legal medical marijuana operations.

spike

I wasn't aware of that! Is this since this new administration took office? I thought that Prez B. Obama said that he was opposed to federal raids on the state-legal medical marijuana operations.

There was a big case a few years ago where the jury wasn't even allowed to know that the defendant was running a state legal medical marijuana operation. The jury found the man guilty of dealing drugs then found out later that the operation was a legal medical establishment and was horrified that that fact was not known and wished they'd changed their verdict.

51% Say Legalize Marijuana in New California Poll

valkyrie

There was a big case a few years ago where the jury wasn't even allowed to know that the defendant was running a state legal medical marijuana operation. The jury found the man guilty of dealing drugs then found out later that the operation was a legal medical establishment and was horrified that that fact was not known and wished they'd changed their verdict.

That's horrible.
You act as if there was such a thing as a legal "medical" pot farm for dopers.
I didn't know the Feds have legalized dope?
Based on your statement here, I assume you lean more toward centralized government control and legistation, and removal of controls at a local level then.

spike

FDA/feds holds the reins on dope, not the state.

That's not really so clear. Much more clear that the Feds hold the reigns on immigration though where you took the opposite stance and thought the state of AZ could decide for themselves.

Gotholic

Here is what is not commonly known anymore, jurors can find the defendant not guilty if the juror does not agree with the law.

ResearchMonkey

That's not really so clear. Much more clear that the Feds hold the reigns on immigration though where you took the opposite stance and thought the state of AZ could decide for themselves.

The way law works, you have to follow the most restrictive rule no matter which jurisdiction jurisdiction it comes from.

But I'm not surprised you believe illegal immigration is legal under fed laws. It's not.