question from a love-sick puppy.

Raven

Annoying SOB
a13antichrist said:
Sure you do. If you can't joke about life then you're in a bad way.
This isnt life though. This is about death, someones flame snuffed out without any chance of avoidance you cruel heared bastard.

Professur

Stewie, far be it from me to side with A13, but you've wronged him, there.

Life and death are one and the same. Everyone dies. And anyone who sees death without seeing the life lived is seriously failing the memory of the person departed. Grief isn't about the death. It's about the loss. The "We'll never ..." and " He used to ..."

People deal with death, and life, differently. Some cry about the death of total strangers. Some of us, prefer to laugh, crack a beer, and drink a toast to the person who was, instead of mourning the cold remains.

It's not up to you or me to call A13 a bastard for his way of looking at death. You might not like is irreverent attitude, but that doesn't make him a bastard. Now, his insensitivity to the anguish of another is another story.

Now, if you'll pardon me, I've a few ghosts to toast.

Raven

Annoying SOB
I apologise for not elaborating. It was his insensitivity and TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT that pissed me off.

Raven

Annoying SOB
Wanna join in?

I also apologise if any of my other posts come off sounding smartarseish or as just plain being an arsehole. This was never my intention its just I am not the most articulate person in the world.

Professur

No thanks. You don't wanna get me rolling on my opinions of death and such.

Besides, I have my doubts about the veracity of her mortality.

a13antichrist

steweygrrrr said:
I apologise for not elaborating. It was his insensitivity and TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT that pissed me off.

I was going to say pretty much the same thing that Prof did but since he's said it, I don't need to..
I will agree however that you have every right to object to the way I responded. I accept that and I was quite aware of the reaction it could cause before I posted it. I stand by it however because I believe in a thing called "moral integrity" and I'm not about to lie about feeling sorry just so that someone else can feel better about his problem. Maybe that works for others and they feel happy that they can reassure themselves that they're sensitive, caring people. *puke* I don't feel happy giving that sort of sentiment and I wouldn't appreciate receiving it either.

Oh, and Prof, there's no question about her mortaility, that's 100% sure, the same as everyone else's.. ;)

Raven

Annoying SOB
Nah I didnt mean it like that I just meant that theres a time and a place for those sorta things. I take back the bastard part and I dont base my existence on the fact that I can be a caring soul but I just think given the current situation those sort of things are best kept to yourself

a13antichrist

I usually do keep it to myself. There are countless "everyone feel sorry for me" threads around this place, and you won't find a post of mine in any of them. Just didn't feel like it this time. :p

(ok, exception: Justin's thread, but then Justin's an exception too.. ;) )

halamikage

Hey sam...sorry to hear about your loss. Ive just lost two people very dear to me just this past week. Its hard I know 'specially when you haven't had the chance to tell them how you really feel. Although both have been really sick for years, I've never actually thought that they would die today or whenever. Sometimes you take time for granted but you loved her and I'm sure she knows even though you didn't tell her when she was here.
Hang in there buddy. :hug:

sam_fisher

There are countless "everyone feel sorry for me" threads around this place, and you won't find a post of mine in any of them
i don't want anybody to feel sorry for me. feel sorry for her family and loved ones.
as for feeling sorry for someone, i feel sorry for a13anitchrist being so cold. cold as in kind of like a frozen dog turd left behind by an alaskan snow dog after three days of not stopping to take a dump:devious:

sam..

Raven

Annoying SOB
Sam read the response I got from a post like that. Granted a13 should have kept it to himself and by his own admission he usually does. To quote prof who sums this up quite well:

professur said:
Life and death are one and the same. Everyone dies. And anyone who sees death without seeing the life lived is seriously failing the memory of the person departed. Grief isn't about the death. It's about the loss. The "We'll never ..." and " He used to ..."

People deal with death, and life, differently. Some cry about the death of total strangers. Some of us, prefer to laugh, crack a beer, and drink a toast to the person who was, instead of mourning the cold remains.

you see? its just the way that some people deal with stuff like this

Professur

Ah, stewie. I hate to tell you, but there's a double standard in this case. Sam can say whatever he wants in response to A13, since A13's comment was indirectly directed at him. You, however, were just being a good samaritan (or a nosey parker).

a13antichrist

steweygrrrr said:
you see? its just the way that some people deal with stuff like this

Well, I'd hardly call it "deal". Bit more fundamental than that. For some people it makes a difference, for some people it doesn't. :shrug:

Raven

Annoying SOB
a13antichrist said:
Well, I'd hardly call it "deal". Bit more fundamental than that. For some people it makes a difference, for some people it doesn't. :shrug:
damned if i do and damned if I dont :shrug: