quitting is for christians

tonksy

It's almost that time of year! That dreaded after Mardi Gras gray period of abstinence known as lent. Anyone here do it? Last year I gave up carbonated beverages. This year i have decided to strain my sensibilities and my faith to the extreme and give up.....wait for it.....Chocolate!
I may be out of my mind but I'm going to try. So in the next 2 days I plan on polishing off this Whitman's Sampler Rob gave me, the rest of the chocolate chip cookies I baked (mainly for the girls but they've lost interest), and the remaining half box of Swiss miss! Laissez Le Bon Ton Roulez, eh?

Anyone else?

Dave

tonksy said:
That dreaded after Mardi Gras gray period of abstinence known as lent. Anyone here do it?
i am abstaining from many things lately, but lent has nothing to do with it. nor choice for that matter....

Inkara1

Here's a real challenge: give up masturbation for lent. Bet you can't go six weeks without that. :D

Inkara1

highwayman... giving up masturbation doesn't really mean anything when you have a partner to take over that job.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
tonksy said:
That dreaded after Mardi Gras gray period of abstinence known as lent. Anyone here do it? Last year I gave up carbonated beverages. This year i have decided to strain my sensibilities and my faith to the extreme and give up.....wait for it.....Chocolate!

Should we bring up the irony between this thread & this one? ;)

highwayman

Inkara1 said:
highwayman... giving up masturbation doesn't really mean anything when you have a partner to take over that job.

hummmm...You have a witness to the act of me wacking my pud? In fact I agree in that sex is better with a partner...BTW I prefer brunetts with a "B" cup....

tonksy

Gonz said:
Isn't that admission, with no intention to sin again, the whole point?
What do you want me to do? Leave Rob? I atone for my sins on a daily basis because I sin on a daily basis...but I also believe that there is a path laid out for you by God and Rob is part of my path.