Quotations

Liliandra

Basically a place to put your fav quotes.......I loveses quotes.....hehe

An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup. ~H.L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

chcr

Too cute for words
To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it, requires brains.

--Mary Pettibone Poole, A Glass Eye at a Keyhole, 1938

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
[size=-1]"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
-- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)[/size]

Dave

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
icon_blank.gif

Oscar Wilde

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
"If I had foreseen the use those people designed to make of their victory, there would have been no surrender at Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me. Had I foreseen these results of subjugation, I would have preferred to die at Appomattox with my brave men and my sword in this right hand."

General Robert E. Lee, to Governor Stockdale of Texas

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
"Any people, anywhere, being inclined and having the

power, have the right to rise up and shake off the

existing government, and form a new one that suits

them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred

right, a right which we hope and believe is to liberate

the world." .... Congressman Abraham Lincoln, 1847

Wonder what changed hi$ mind? $urely $omething did.

Professur

But from these countless evils we have been set free, by the help of Him Who though He afflicts yet heals and restores, by our most tireless Prince, King and Lord, the Lord Robert. He, that his people and his heritage might be delivered out of the hands of our enemies, met toil and fatigue, hunger and peril, like another Macabaeus or Joshua and bore them cheerfully. Him, too, divine providence, his right of succession according to or laws and customs which we shall maintain to the death, and the due consent and assent of us all have made our Prince and King. To him, as to the man by whom salvation has been wrought unto our people, we are bound both by law and by his merits that our freedom may be still maintained, and by him, come what may, we mean to stand. Yet if he should give up what he has begun, and agree to make us or our kingdom subject to the King of England or the English, we should exert ourselves at once to drive him out as our enemy and a subverter of his own rights and ours, and make some other man who was well able to defend us our King; for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

The Declaration of Arbroath

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
<Fashykekes> Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse.." and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse.."

chcr

Too cute for words
"Never memorize anything you can look up."
--Albert Einstein

Every once in a while I read something he said and think he was a lot smarter than people give him credit for. ;)

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
"Anybody who actually succeeds in being elected into public office should, on no account, be allowed to do the job." Douglas Adams

Lopan

These are from Prince Philip the queens husband. I think he just likes to take the piss.
Whilst on a tour of a factory in northern England, Prince Philip pointed out a fuse box that looked quite old. He said "it looks like it was made by an Indian!"

When talking to some british students in Oriental Asia (think it was China), he joked with them "you shouldn't stay here too long, or you'll turn slitty-eyed"

Said during a severe recession in 1981:
"Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they're complaining they're unemployed."

To a driving instructor he met during a stroll in Oban, Scotland:
"How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them past the test?"

Comment when someone suggested in 1967 that a trip to Russia might improve diplomatic relations between Great Britain and the Soviets:
"The bastards murdered half my family."

Comments to the World Wildlife Fund, on Chinese eating habits:
"If it has four legs and it's not a chair, if it has two wings and it flies but it's not an airplane, and if it swims and it's not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it."

On French Canadians during a visit to Toronto:
"I can't understand a word they say. They slur all their words."

To further insult Canadians during a royal visit:
"We don't come here for our health. We can think of other ways of enjoying ourselves."

The mans such a card.

Liliandra

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. ~Winston Churchill, on the eve of his 75th birthday British politician (1874 - 1965)

Liliandra

I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy. ~J.D. Salinger US novelist & short story author (1919 - )

Winky

"Age does not protect you from love,
but love to some extent protects you from age."

Jeanne Moreau
Moreau_Jeanne_1.jpg

Foto publicitaria 1959