Quotations

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
"Every time I look at Atlanta I see what a quarter million Confederate soldiers died to prevent." .... John Shelton Reed

:lol2:

Liliandra

Professur said:
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
What does kill you, makes you supper.

lol

For every action there is an equal and opposite government program. ~Bob Wells

Winky

"Giving synthesizers to the Europeans
was like giving whiskey to the Indians"

Will Rigby

Liliandra

To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human. ~ Andy & Larry Wachowski, The Matrix 1999

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
"If I thought this war was to abolish slavery, I would resign my commission, and offer my sword to the other side." Ulysses S. Grant

Winky

"I believe it to be the duty of everyone to unite in the restoration of the country and the reestablishment of peace and harmony."
- Robert E. Lee made this statement following the end of hostilities.

Liliandra

Confusion is always the most honest response. ~Marty Indik

I can resist anything but temptation. ~Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900) Lady Windermere's Fan, 1892, Act 1

Winky

"Ideas are more powerful than guns.
We would not let people have guns
why should we let them have ideas?"

Joseph Stalin

Winky

A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who has never owned a car.

Carrie P. Snow

Winky

Confronted with the choice,
the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon
over the anarchist's bomb.
Spiro T. Agnew

Winky

The Tragedy of 'Multiculturalism

Though the educational establishment would rather die that admit it, multiculturalism is a desperate and surely self-defeating strategy for coping with the educational deficiencies, and associated social pathologies, of young blacks. Did these black students and their problems not exists, we would hear little of multiculturalism.

Irving Kristol

Winky

Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions
it only guarantees equality of opportunity.

Irving Kristol

rrfield

The first step in freeing yourself from social restrictions is the realization that there is no such thing as a "safe" code of conduct - one that would earn everyone's approval. Your actions can always be condemned by someone - for being too bold or too apathetic, for being too conformist or too nonconformist, for being too liberal or too conservative. So it's necessary to decide whose approval is important to you.

-- Harry Browne

rrfield

Just as Lincoln got contradictory advice from the extremists of both sides...so now I have to carefully guard myself against the extremists of both sides

-- Theodore Roosevelt