Quotations

Lopan

Winky said:
"Giving synthesizers to the Europeans
was like giving whiskey to the Indians"

Will Rigby

When americans create decent music, I'll apologise. - David Johnson 5 minutes ago.

Elvis didn't mean shit to me.

K62

"There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!" - Admiral Beatty, 1916.

After the British battlecruisers, Indefatigable, Queen Mary, and Invincible explode in the battle of Jutland.

Liliandra

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. ~Douglas Adams English humorist & science fiction novelist (1952 - 2001)

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Lopan said:
When americans create decent music, I'll apologise. - David Johnson 5 minutes ago.

Elvis didn't mean shit to me.

This comes from the same nationality as 'Boy George'. :rofl4:

Winky

faced the fact that death would come, and it was terrible, but the fact that death would come did not mean that what we did while we were alive was unimportant

Donald Kagan

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
"I begin to regard the death and mangling of a couple of thousand men as a small affair, a kind of morning dash." .... William T. Sherman

May he rot in Hell

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
"If we turn 200,000 armed Negroes in the South, among their former owners, from whom we have taken their arms, it will inevitably lead to a race war. It cannot be done. The Negroes must be gotten rid of."

Abraham "The Great Emancipator" Lincoln *puke2* *puke2* *puke*

Liliandra

Do what you love, love what you do, leave the world a better place and don't pick your nose. ~Jeff Mallett Frazz comic, 08-03-04

Winky

Man is not the creature of circumstances, Circumstances are the creatures of men.

Vivian Grey

Liliandra

To win without risk is to triumph without glory. ~Pierre Corneille, 'The Cid,' 1636 French dramatist (1606 - 1684)

Winky

And these vicissitudes come best in youth; For when they happen at a riper age, People are apt to blame the Fates, forsooth, And wonder Providence is not more sage. Adversity is the first path to truth: He who hath proved war, storm, or woman's rage, Whether his winters be eighteen or eighty, Has won experience which is deem'd so weighty.

Lord Byron