“If you are prematurely sexually active,
by the time you have become married,
you’re like a chewed up piece of gum
all of your flavor, freshness and sweetness is gone.”

Rev. Donald D Robinson
I guess that makes me a spitball then. :(

Lopan

Life: Dr Johnson Quotes
Life affords no higher pleasure than that of surmounting difficulties, passing from one step of success to another, forming new wishes and seeing them gratified.

Liliandra

You must have a room, or a certain hour or so a day, where you don't know what was in the newspapers that morning... a place where you can simply experience and bring forth what you are and what you might be. ~Joseph Campbell US folklorist & expert on mythology (1904 - 1987)

Liliandra

Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards. ~Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign", 1999
US science fiction author

chcr

Too cute for words
Winky said:
“If you are prematurely sexually active,
by the time you have become married,
you’re like a chewed up piece of gum
all of your flavor, freshness and sweetness is gone.”

Rev. Donald D Robinson
:rofl4:

"Creationists make it sound as though a ´theory´ is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
--Isaac Asimov

Winky

Join the Army: travel to exotic distant lands, meet exciting, unusual people and kill them.

Lopan

I only take travel advice from people who have been there.

Apparently what my grand father said to the priest who was telling him about his final journey before he died.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
"I am with the South in life or in death, in victory or in defeat. I believe the North is about to wage a brutal and unholy war on a people who have done them no wrong, in violation of the Constitution and the fundamental principles of government. They no longer acknowledge that all government derives its validity from the consent of the governed. They are about to invade our peaceful homes, destroy our property, and inaugurate a servile insurrection, murder our men and dishonor our women. We propose no invasion of the North, no attack on them, and only ask to be left alone." Patrick Cleburne

Winky

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it.
The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over"

Union General William T. Sherman
said this shortly before beginning his brutal March to the Sea

Winky

"The time for compromise has now passed, and the South is determined to maintain her position, and make all who oppose her smell Southern powder and feel Southern steel"
- Jefferson Davis used these words in his inaugural speech on February 16, 1861

Winky

"Our Southern brethren have done grievously, they have rebelled and have attacked their father's house and their loyal brothers.
They must be punished and brought back, but this necessity breaks my heart."

- Major Robert Anderson, defender of Fort Sumter in April of 1861,
gave this assessment of the situation between North and South.

Winky

"We talked the matter over and could have settled the war in thirty minutes had it been left to us."

A common Rebel soldier made this statement after fraternizing with a Union soldier between the lines.

"I believe it to be the duty of everyone to unite in the restoration of the country and the reestablishment of peace and harmony."

Robert E. Lee made this statement following the end of hostilities.

chcr

Too cute for words
"The Civil War ended 140+ years ago, period." --Pretty much everybody north or south. ;)

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
"Surrender means that the history of this heroic struggle will be written by the enemy; that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers; will learn from Northern school books their version of the War; will be impressed by all the influences of history and to regard our gallant dead as traitors, and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision." Patrick Cleburne

And was he ever right.

Liliandra

That's not how I learned, and I've been to several schools over this country......

Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected. ~Oscar Wilde ~The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891 Irish dramatist, novelist, & poet (1854 - 1900)