Recession? We don' need no steenkeen recession!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It's not the "dems" or the "reps" that are hell bent on fixing it. It's some of both.

So then, Pelosi is blowing smoke up our ass when she says it's all Bush's fault & that we need to fix it?

233-202 clear majority
50-49 (Leiberman is an "independent")

I'm just saying...if the Democrats want it fixed, they don't need Republicans. Unless it's a bad deal that neither side wants, as a whole.

catocom

some of those assholes won't even admit it was the people that squash the bill.

The bill's defeat in the jaw-dropping House floor vote came despite furious personal lobbying by Bush and support from House leaders of both parties. But the legislation was highly unpopular with the public, ideological groups on the left and the right organized against it, and Bush no longer wielded the influence to leverage tough votes. Even pressure in favor of the bill from some of the biggest special interests in Washington, including the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the National Association of Realtors, could not sway enough votes.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,430462,00.html

and it'll happen again if they don't get thier shit together, and right.

spike

So then, Pelosi is blowing smoke up our ass when she says it's all Bush's fault & that we need to fix it?

What point are you trying to make exactly. You said the Democrats were hell bent on fixing it and clearly that is an inaccurate statement as many Republicans support the bail out including Bush (who you voted for).

50-49 (Leiberman is an "independent")

Actually isn't it 49-49? (Lieberman and Bernie Sanders as "independent")

I'm just saying...if the Democrats want it fixed, they don't need Republicans. Unless it's a bad deal that neither side wants, as a whole.

What you are saying is a ridiculous generalization that it's the Democrats that want it fixed. As I've pointed out it's many Democrats and Republicans both for and against it.

What they would need for it to pass is a majority of combined Democrats and Republicans. There's no need for one party to vote one way and the other to vote the other way.

It's as if you secretly want this bailout to pass but you just want Democrats to vote for it so you can still whine about it.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Sanders...not sure who that is :shrug:

Pelosi & Reid have been on a rant about this since last week. Yea, GW wants it too. I don't. Again, he & I are on seperate domestic policy pages.

I have no idea how many Republicans voted NAY but I bet it was more than the Democrats.

spike said:
There's no need for one party to vote one way and the other to vote the other way
:rofl4:

catocom

I know my 9th district man Deal, voted against, but was not vocal, and left
right after the vote for a family thing.
The 10th disrict man made our case though, as he knew they should.

all but 2 in Ga voted nay.

spike

Sanders...not sure who that is :shrug:

Pelosi & Reid have been on a rant about this since last week. Yea, GW wants it too. I don't. Again, he & I are on seperate domestic policy pages.

Why would you focus on Pelosi and Reed and not the republicans and Bush that have been ranting about it?

I have no idea how many Republicans voted NAY but I bet it was more than the Democrats.

Are you working slowly towards some sort of point?

There's no need for one party to vote one way and the other to vote the other way
:rofl4:

Seems like you might be able to use a government class or two. Maybe there's an adult education center of some sort near you.

chcr

Too cute for words
*snip* Unless it's a bad deal *snip*

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!

What it boils down to is that more and more people are figuring out that the government (regardless of "party" affiliation) does not have the citizens or nations best interests in mind.

catocom

the senate has soooommmething.
9pm est on cspan2

All I've seen is ok,
But
I haven't seen much.

I tell ya one thing...this is going to have to be more than any hundred some odd pages.

catocom

well, neither mccain, nor obama are on the right page yet.
They are talking 'some' good things, but are missing the bigger picture.

They keep talking about "Loans".
They need to shut up about even mentioning that word.

catocom

"Mark the Market"
Watch the brookings get together on cspan...

IMO we Do need it, but on a trigger of a companies assets. (positive and negative)

They need to have some of these ideas like this.
Like a car dealership should not be treated the same as a "paper only" company.

catocom

well, I'm starting to lose hope for the senate's bill too.

They need to understand we don't need a Revised plan, we need a new plan,
that excludes the same people that got this mess going.

Paulson needs to resign, Now!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
In the words of at least 3 Senators...."it's not as bad as the other one."

Fire them all....NOW!

MrBishop

My God, the number of riders that got added on is astounding!

What exactly do green tax rebates have to do with bailing out Big Bank?

jimpeel

bloomberg wishing, and try to calm the markets.....
that said...
I'm still wondering if we'll see another election.

People keep talking about 'executive orders'.

Those get spoken of at every election -- just before the peaceful transisition of power.

jimpeel

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,430462,00.html

and it'll happen again if they don't get thier shit together, and right.

Both Barack Obama and John McCain announced separately that they support a plan that some House Republicans had pushed earlier: raising the federal deposit insurance limit from $100,000 to $250,000.

That change is aimed at reassuring nervous Americans — and their elected representatives at the Capitol — that the legislation would shore up the weakening economy.

Later Tuesday, FDIC Chairwoman Sheila Bair asked Congress for unspecified authority to raise insurance limits.

What the hell will raising the insurance limits do besides bringing still more failures under the "umbrella" of the FDIC which does not have sufficient reserves to cover what they have now?