Religion

Which religion do you think poses the most danger to mankind?

• Christianity

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Islam

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I am religious/spiritual

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I am athiest/agnostic

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters

HeXp£Øi±

dangerous religions...

What religion do you think poses the most danger to mankind. For my own reasons i'm making this narrow.

HeXp£Øi±

What religion do you think poses the most danger to mankind?
I am leaving this field very narrow for my own reasons.

Will someone please fix my spelling in the header and promptly shoot me.

*bang* goes the Gonzo gun

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Well....I know you won't appreciate it Hex, but I've got to put the Jewish faith in that slot. I've nothing against the religion except that the religion and its politics seem one and the same. They are probably the only religion with enough populace in every country to influence the politics of that country. Especially those countries where the political leaders are elected....And all the while they have people defending their position on rights of non jewish persons in Israel. Just my opinion, though...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Since this thread is doin gmore than the other, I'll ansewr here.

Religion, while not my cup o' tea, is not the problem. It has taken men out of the dark & created society. It has created a cohesive bond between strangers & friends alike. The number of things that religion has done to improve society is innumerable. The only true drawback, man.

HeXp£Øi±

Re: dangerous religions...

Gonz said:
Since this thread is doin gmore than the other, I'll ansewr here.

It's doing better than the other but i fucked up on the poll so it's esentially useless.

ris

i can try merging the threads but i have no idea what it will do to the poll.

HeXp£Øi±

Wow. Two threads absorbed and mutated into one. Thanks. The conversation ought to confuse the hell outta some people though.

freako104

i dont see religion as the problem so much as the way its interperted as well as man taking it to extremes. when they believe god told them to kill someone or bomb something to me is the problem

chcr

Too cute for words
I feel the same way. It's not the religion that's the threat but rather the people that espouse the religion. You know how I feel about the whole religion question. I do feel that members of the abrahmic religions tend a bit more toward the overly zealous, but that may simply be a lack of exposure.

CydCharisse

I'm not religious. I hate the way Christian preachers "preach" where I live. They beat it into those poor people's minds..."Do this, this, and only this and you're guaranteed a spot in heaven. Screw up and your f*cked." Not in thos exact words, obviously, but you get my point...I hope

IDLEchild

I don't instructions on how to live. Religion isn't the problem but it certainly isn't the answer either. Like others have said...it is the over zealous followers that irk me.....actually religion itself irks me...the zealots just downright disgust me.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I'll jump on this bandwagon. Religion is not the problem. People are the problem. It's the same argument people make for gun control that you're making for religion. ;)

AlladinSane

I'll second Gato's opinion. Even Judahism(?) which is one of the most materialistic religions can be amazing if taken on its positive features.