Religion

Which religion do you think poses the most danger to mankind?

• Christianity

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Islam

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I am religious/spiritual

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I am athiest/agnostic

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters

a13antichrist

Gato_Solo said:
I'll jump on this bandwagon. Religion is not the problem. People are the problem. It's the same argument people make for gun control that you're making for religion. ;)

True but if you can't fix the cause, you can at least try to treat the symptoms..

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
a13antichrist said:
True but if you can't fix the cause, you can at least try to treat the symptoms..

Considering that you have the term antichrist in your name, you, yourself, could be labeled a 'symptom'. ;)

AlphaTroll

I don't believe that any religion per se poses a threat to the world. Largely the threats observed are through ignorant souls who cannot seem to fathom that there are those out there who do not conform to their idea of what is right & wrong.

I can say though that the religion that poses the greatest threat to my sanity is christianity.

a13antichrist

Gato_Solo said:
Considering that you have the term antichrist in your name, you, yourself, could be labeled a 'symptom'. ;)

Heh, that your fuzzy logic coming into play again there dude? ;) My name is actually part of the treatment of those symptoms.. ;)

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
AlladinSane said:
I'll second Gato's opinion. Even Judahism(?) which is one of the most materialistic religions can be amazing if taken on its positive features.

Materialistic?

what do you mean?

freako104

a13antichrist said:
Heh, that your fuzzy logic coming into play again there dude? ;) My name is actually part of the treatment of those symptoms.. ;)

that sounds like something Anton LeVey would have said

Gato_Solo

a13antichrist said:

The way I see it, your handle is there to try and provoke a negative reaction from the zealous. In and of itself, no big deal, but, by 'proclaiming' yourself antichrist, aren't you, yoirself, espousing a certain amount of religious beliefs?

Raven

Annoying SOB
lets just say this:

90% of major wars have included religion as a basis. Ergo all religion is dangerous as it incites fanaticism. Thats why I'm an aetheist.

Joke to break tension:

What do you get if you cross a dyslexic, an insomniac and an agnostic?

Someone who lays awake at night wondering if theres a dog.

Mare

religion is a subject I dont like to talk to much about- grew up Catholic-now still Catholic, but not a practising one. And definetly do NOt agree with all of "their" rules, now adays.... I mean for God Sake-look at these preists and what they have been doing??? DUNNO, to touchy situation for me :bolt:

Anyway-I believe in faith-but i feel if I need it-I can be anywhere at anytime to say what i need to say. Dont have to go somewhere specific (church-temple-etc...) to express how i feel inside.

a13antichrist

Gato_Solo said:
The way I see it, your handle is there to try and provoke a negative reaction from the zealous. In and of itself, no big deal, but, by 'proclaiming' yourself antichrist, aren't you, yoirself, espousing a certain amount of religious beliefs?

It's there to make a mockery of the zealous. The same way that proclaiming oneself "dragon-master" is not ultimately claiming a belief in dragons, but rather emphasising the idealism behind it, the name serves not to promote the antichrist but to de-sensitise the idea to the point where it's seen as nothing to be taken seriously. The only belief being espoused is that if it means nothing to you personally, then you're free to use its imagery for whatever purpose you see fit. Or entertaining.

Gato_Solo

a13antichrist said:
It's there to make a mockery of the zealous. The same way that proclaiming oneself "dragon-master" is not ultimately claiming a belief in dragons, but rather emphasising the idealism behind it, the name serves not to promote the antichrist but to de-sensitise the idea to the point where it's seen as nothing to be taken seriously. The only belief being espoused is that if it means nothing to you personally, then you're free to use its imagery for whatever purpose you see fit. Or entertaining.

Then why didn't you pick the handle a13anti-mohammed, or, a13anti-buddah? They are just as free, and, presumably can be used exactly the same way.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
a lot of religions have been the basis for major and smaller wars, and all have their own way to be(come) a 'threat to mankind'.
but it's hard to see the difference between a religion and the way so called followers practice it. almost all religions preach peace and unity, but especially the latter is often used as an excuse to start wars.
islam isn't a threat to mankind, nor is christianity. the extrememist acting in name of any religion are the threat to mankind.

the poll is a bit provoking imo, because i'm pretty sure that you, hex, know just as well that islam AND christianity are both peaceful religions and that the religion itselves won't pose a danger.

Mare

steweygrrrr said:
lets just say this:

90% of major wars have included religion as a basis. Ergo all religion is dangerous as it incites fanaticism. Thats why I'm an aetheist.

Joke to break tension:

OMG So Sorry Stew didnt mean that-was glad you tried breaking the tention-if i knew how to go back and change it i would.
Sorry babe,pweeaassee forgive me..... :crying4:

a13antichrist

Gato_Solo said:
Then why didn't you pick the handle a13anti-mohammed, or, a13anti-buddah? They are just as free, and, presumably can be used exactly the same way.

Yeah, I could have done. But antichrist has a nicer ring to it. :)

Besides which, aside from the re-incarnation bit Buddhism does have quite a lot going for it..

chcr

Too cute for words

Yes, there is a dog. I have the drool spot on my knee to prove it.

HeXp£Øi±

Gato_Solo said:
So, in other words, you are not anti-religious...just anti christian.

You're onto something interesting there Solo. Before i bacame a christian i used to listen lots of deathmetal- deicide, obituary, cannibal corpse etc. Extremely violent and hate filled music that puts even the most violent gangster rap to shame. It's interesting to note that almost all of it is not anti religious but it is anti christian. Not just music from the US either but on a global scale. An interesting trend/phenomenon that i believe extends beyond music and into society which is in part why i started this poll.

a13antichrist

Gato_Solo said:
So, in other words, you are not anti-religious...just anti christian.

No, I am anti-retards. Retards include anyone who believe in any sort of "superior being" or "afterlife" or whatever.

BTW, do you not read at all? I'm beginning to think so.. there's simply no other way you could have drawn that conclusion. If I say something has a "nice tonal vibration", how on EARTH does that lead you to conclude that I want to convey the idea that Christianity is the sole and unique target? I really am starting to worry about you dude.. seriously.

If I had been living in a society mostly dominated by Jews I may well have chosen a different wording; as it is, what I've got works well because it's the one that means most to the people I'm mostly likely to find myself discussing with. Hence they get upset and give me a good laugh.

Thank you, I needed a good laugh. Well actually I didn't really but thanks anyway..

HeXp£Øi±

a13antichrist You obviously have some serious issues. Not only can you not refrain from calling people names like faggot and retard but your hatred for all people really shines through. I don't care if you are gay you should still respect other people. Maybe it's time you just forgave your parents and started life over, really. You sound like an angry 15 year old.

At the very least....

:stfu: