Religion

Which religion do you think poses the most danger to mankind?

• Christianity

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Islam

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I am religious/spiritual

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I am athiest/agnostic

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters

a13antichrist

HeXp£Øi± said:
You're onto something interesting there Solo. Before i bacame a christian i used to listen lots of deathmetal- deicide, obituary, cannibal corpse etc. Extremely violent and hate filled music that puts even the most violent gangster rap to shame. It's interesting to note that almost all of it is not anti religious but it is anti christian. Not just music from the US either but on a global scale. An interesting trend/phenomenon that i believe extends beyond music and into society which is in part why i started this poll.

Interesting my arse. Do you see film critics reviewing Iranian films? :retard: Christianity is what's present in their society so obviously that's what they're going to "rebel" against. US, Canada and Britain does not count as a "global scale" - which is the only thing you could have been implying as I don't remember ever hearing about your total fluency in every one of the world's major languages.. :retard: . unless you've studied translations of Malaysian Death Metal songs to extract the christianity references, wat you're claiming as a "phenomenon" is nothing more surprising than noting that all (well, most) children born in the UNited States grow up speaking English.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
but then again, this is a thread about which religion is the most threatening to mankind...and it's being turned into a debate why or why not a13 should have chosen another nickname, that IS retarded. and if people would start drawing conclusions of what MY opinion is, or should be, i'd start getting pissed off as well. if you don't want this thread turned in another name-calling, useless thread, then don't provoke it.

an then my comment to you hex is being ignored, while that was on-topic. i still want to know why you've chosen these two religions, and WHY the poll is so narrow and the question badly worded. since you know just as well as i do (like i said before) that religion isn't the threat to mankind. putting it the way you did is just provoking...

HeXp£Øi±

Shadowfax said:
an then my comment to you hex is being ignored, while that was on-topic. i still want to know why you've chosen these two religions, and WHY the poll is so narrow and the question badly worded. since you know just as well as i do (like i said before) that religion isn't the threat to mankind. putting it the way you did is just provoking...

I disagree SF. religion is a percieved threat to mankind and perception is all that counts. As for the rest...it's late and i'm going to bed. Maybe i'll dig in again tomorrow.

a13antichrist

HeXp£Øi± said:
a13antichrist You obviously have some serious issues. Not only can you not refrain from calling people names like faggot and retard but your hatred for all people really shines through. I don't care if you are gay you should still respect other people. Maybe it's time you just forgave your parents and started life over, really. You sound like an angry 15 year old.

I don't hate anybody - I just think they're retards. BIG difference. Retards don't merit enough respect to warrant hating. Even if they did there's a big difference betwen not respecting and hating. I know it's a difficult concept to grasp for some but just try, hmm?

And on that subject, nobody is obligated to respect ANYBODY - that's the biggest fallacy of them all. Respect their right to live peacefully, have their own opinions, sure.. but NOBODY gets respect from me until they've earned it. And believing freak-arse ideas like God or higher beings watching over us certainly isn't going in the right direction.

You can walk around on your egg-shells your whole life if you like, trying so hard not to upset the slightest person. Good on ya if you succeed, but I've got better things to do with my time - got a life to live over here you know..

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
HeXp£Øi± said:
I disagree SF. religion is a percieved threat to mankind and perception is all that counts. As for the rest...it's late and i'm going to bed. Maybe i'll dig in again tomorrow.

ok, no point in debating here then.

AlphaTroll

a13antichrist said:
You can walk around on your egg-shells your whole life if you like, trying so hard not to upset the slightest person. Good on ya if you succeed, but I've got better things to do with my time - got a life to live over here you know..

Having an educated opinion and being able to convey that to people in a non-threatening, respectful manner does not necessarily mean that one is 'walking on eggshells'. It simply means that one has grasped the concept that there are other people in this world and respecting their views, opinions and ways of life is part and parcel of being a well adjusted member of what we like to refer to as the human race.

HeXp£Øi±

a13antichrist said:
I don't hate anybody - I just think they're retards. BIG difference. Retards don't merit enough respect to warrant hating. Even if they did there's a big difference betwen not respecting and hating. I know it's a difficult concept to grasp for some but just try, hmm?

And on that subject, nobody is obliged to respect ANYBODY - biggest fallacy of them all. Respect their right to live peacefully, have their own opinions, sure.. but NOBODY gets respect from me until they've earned it. And believing freak-arse ideas like God or higher beings watching over us certainly isn't going in the right direction.

It's not walking on eggshells it's called courtesy. You say there's no such thing but there is. You say people must earn your respect but the fact is that you show no respect whatsoever to anyone whos opinion you may disagree with. You think you're smart but you're a fool. You think you're tough but you're a punk. I don't walk on eggshells at all, I simply make every attempt to show others respect(obviously i don't always succeed). Don't worry, i don't expect you to understand. I'd consider what you're saying but the fact is it's nothing different than anything i've heard from a thousand angry teenagers so there's really nothing their to contemplate but immature concepts. You're the one who needs to do a little more reading and i mean that. You think you've got it all figured out but the truth is that you haven't got shit.

a13antichrist

HeXp£Øi± said:
You say people must earn your respect but the fact is that you show no respect whatsoever to anyone whos opinion you may disagree with.

That's another thing that a lot of people fail to grasp. I show no respect to anyone whose beliefs are ridiculous. There's a difference between a belief and an opinion you know - if you like GW, fine, that's up to you, I can respect that. But thinking that the Empire State Building is a giant banana is not an opinion, it's a warped belief.

What I most certainly respect are people who can tell the difference between a belief and an opinion. They are out there, and I wouldn't have found half as many as I have if I hadn't been as critical as I am.

Raven

Annoying SOB
Mare said:
OMG So Sorry Stew didnt mean that-was glad you tried breaking the tention-if i knew how to go back and change it i would.
Sorry babe,pweeaassee forgive me..... :crying4:
Hey not a prob. Angry, position defending responses are expected in here :hug:

freako104

HeXp£Øi± said:
You're onto something interesting there Solo. Before i bacame a christian i used to listen lots of deathmetal- deicide, obituary, cannibal corpse etc. Extremely violent and hate filled music that puts even the most violent gangster rap to shame. It's interesting to note that almost all of it is not anti religious but it is anti christian. Not just music from the US either but on a global scale. An interesting trend/phenomenon that i believe extends beyond music and into society which is in part why i started this poll.

hex im curious. are you still a fan of these bands? how bout slayer do you still like them although they are an anti chrsitian band? a13 what makes any belief warped? its a belief that some hold. i personally dont believe in a god per se but to many my beliefs are as warped as you say theirs are.

mare read some other threads in here. it happens quite a bit. we do try to show respect though and try not to give too much grief but opinions will differ. stewys right so dont worry too much, we still luv ya

AnomalousEntity

Re: dangerous religions...

HeXp£Øi± said:
What religion do you think poses the most danger to mankind. For my own reasons i'm making this narrow.

Advertising/marketing/consumerism

Ok thats not exactly a belief in a higher power (although materialism practically is) but is sure as hell is a way of life.

An no Im not a communist, I believe in free buisness, I just am annoyed as hell at the amount of waste in this country.

Oh and one more I forgot:

Rosey O'donnell

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
a13antichrist said:
No, I am anti-retards. Retards include anyone who believe in any sort of "superior being" or "afterlife" or whatever.

BTW, do you not read at all? I'm beginning to think so.. there's simply no other way you could have drawn that conclusion. If I say something has a "nice tonal vibration", how on EARTH does that lead you to conclude that I want to convey the idea that Christianity is the sole and unique target? I really am starting to worry about you dude.. seriously.

If I had been living in a society mostly dominated by Jews I may well have chosen a different wording; as it is, what I've got works well because it's the one that means most to the people I'm mostly likely to find myself discussing with. Hence they get upset and give me a good laugh.

Thank you, I needed a good laugh. Well actually I didn't really but thanks anyway..

Since you want togo that route, I'll say this...

If you have to resort to insults and innuendos, then your intelligence is lacking in the subject. Your attempt at tying your handle to a 'nice tonal vibration' is nothing more than trying to avoid the matter i brought up. You are anti-christian. Not anti-religious. You made christianity your target by choosing a name that would be most offensive to any christians who happened to look at it. When that fact is pointed out, you get offensive in your posting, and defensive about the name. Your attempts at humor are even more lame. You seem to like 'sarcasm' whenever you need some kind of deniability for your claims later, but I digress.

As for earning your respect, I don't need that. it is you that have to earn mine. Think that over a it. ;)

a13antichrist

AlladinSane said:
So you ARE anti-religious?

Depends what you mean by anti-religious. I am of the opinion that religions are the plague of humankind and have done our societies far more harm than good.

freako warped beliefs are beliefs that are simply ridiculous. A belief is either true or false, an opinion is not. You can believe that a 1999 Mini can outrun a BMW M3, and you'd be wrong. You can believe that the Eiffel Tower is taller than the Empire State Building and you'd be wrong. You can believe that the US has more people than France, and you'd be right. Whether the US is a better place to live than France is subjective, hence an opinion, so I'm not calling any of you retards for wanting to live at home. Retards are those that maintain incorrect beliefs (matters of fact) at the expense of logic and/or reason. If you think that the Mini can beat that BMW, but once you check out the engine stats you realise you probably got mixed up, fine. If after watching the M3 sit and have a cup of tea while waiting for the Mini to finish, and still you claim the Mini is faster, then you're a retard. Other beliefs, things like the origin of the universe, are less obvious, but you can still seperate the retards - someone claiming it was the egg of a really big cosmic chicken would probably fall under that category. Others

Oh and for everyone else that's trying to protect their fragile minds by hiding under this "angry young man" thing, grow up. You like to say I'm calling you names in response to a belief I don't like but you're doing exactly the same thing. Except that mine is an opinion, and yours is a belief. So get your arses off the stove, it doesn't look like it's doing much for your disposition. Just accept the fact that there are some people who don't think licking everyone's arses all day long is the right way to live a healthy life.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
a13antichrist said:
Oh and for everyone else that's trying to protect their fragile minds by hiding under this "angry young man" thing, grow up. You like to say I'm calling you names in response to a belief I don't like but you're doing exactly the same thing. Except that mine is an opinion, and yours is a belief. So get your arses off the stove, it doesn't look like it's doing much for your disposition. Just accept the fact that there are some people who don't think licking everyone's arses all day long is the right way to live a healthy life.

Once again, you resort to baseless attacks. This time on what you percieve to be someone elses 'lifestyle'. I have yet to even come close to insulting you, so why are you angry?

chcr

Too cute for words
a13antichrist said:
No, I am anti-retards. Retards include anyone who believe in any sort of "superior being" or "afterlife" or whatever.
Sorry, a13, but even I have to disagree with that one. There are certainly a great many otherwise intelligent people who profess such a belief, self-deluding though it may be. I am anti-religious, I just feel that if you wish to believe and don't use your beliefs to rationalize hurting others, it's no skin off of my nose. I'm generally not interested enough in the arguments to argue about it though.