Repent ye sinners...

Do you attend religious services?

• Every Sunday without fail and Wednesdays (or any other weekday there are services) too.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I attend every Sunday unless an emergency arises (and feel guilty if that happens).

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I attend most Sundays but it doesn't really bother me to miss the occasional service.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I attend on all the religious holidays and occasionally throughout the year.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Christmas and Easter baby, Christmas and Easter.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • They have morning on Sundays?

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Religious services? Do they still even [I]do[/I] that?

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Who is this "god" person you're blithering about anyway.

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

chcr

Too cute for words
You know, everyone says they believe in god (okay, almost everyone) and yet there are just as many cars out at the mall or the movies on Sunday (maybe more) as any other day of the week. Makes you wonder whether many people are quite as adamant in their beliefs as they would have others believe, huh?

Nothing personal, I'm merely curious. It seems I know more and more people who'll say something like, "Well of course I belive in god but I don't believe in organized religion" or some other such excuse to keep from having to get up early on Sunday. How about you? If you're a believer, do you attend services every Sunday, only on the "important" holidays, etc...

Starya

You won't find any cars at the mall on sundays around these parts.

Bloody rules about staying closed on sundays..

chcr

Too cute for words
PS: I didn't answer, but if you can't figure out what my answer would be then you're either new or haven't been paying attention. ;)

Ooops, I lied. I had to answer so I can see what others vote for although it's a private poll. Tell the truth now.

tonksy

I do not attend church because even though I believe in God I do not believe in hanging out with hypocrits.

Sharky

I went to church with my ex-wife (she was a born-again Pentecostal fundamentalist) because she wanted me to and it made her happy, but it never really appealed to me. If anything, it kinda put me off church for life - some of the unusual behavior of those people when they "got the spirit" was disturbing and somewhat appalling. I haven't set foot in a church since, except to attend weddings and funeral services.

2minkey

bootlicker
almost never. maybe once a year with the girlfriend's parents. girlfriend is catholic, but seems to be recovering nicely from that.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I voted "Christmas and Easter" but really it's just Christmas Eve service that I attend...and mostly because it's a family thing and we get to sing christmas songs...last year my momma fell asleep, it was fantastically hilarious!!!

Actually, I should call her right now and make fun of her!

Before we went to church she told me I wasn't dressed up enough and I said "pffft god doesn't care what I wear to church, as long as I go"...when she feel asleep I said "God may not care what I wear I church but he sure cares if you fall asleep!!!" hahaha

BlurOfSerenity

i go to religious services twice a month (as often as these services are offered), but i did not see an option pertaining to me because "religious" seems to mean "christian" in the poll :p

chcr

Too cute for words
i go to religious services twice a month (as often as these services are offered), but i did not see an option pertaining to me because "religious" seems to mean "christian" in the poll :p

I see what you mean but I didn't mean it that way. Should have said "the sabbath" or some such I suppose. If you go to every available service that'd make you a 1 or 2.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I've seen the inside of two churches in the last thirty years.

My father-in-laws funeral & my moms husbands funeral-last year.

spike

I'd love to see a graph of everyone on the forum showing how much they went to church before they were 18 and then how much after.

x = visits, y = age even better.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Probably fewer than 25 times in my entire life (including weddings, funerals, etc)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'd love to see a graph of everyone on the forum showing how much they went to church before they were 18 and then how much after.

x = visits, y = age even better.

I went to church significantly more before I was 18 but 18 would not be the drop off point...it would be like...11 or 12.

Mare

I do not attend church because even though I believe in God I do not believe in hanging out with hypocrits.

:clap:

Nothing else to do around here before noontime, cant buy alcohol before then, church ppl afraid your get drunk before them.:toast:

But no, i dont go to church, and yes I do believe in God, or atleast a higher power.

Professur

I have a rather vicious reaction to the incense they burn, and the side effects from my meds aren't a picnic either. All the rest of the family goes almost every Sunday, tho. And mum usually attends the Tuesday evening service.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I have a rather vicious reaction to the incense they burn, and the side effects from my meds aren't a picnic either. All the rest of the family goes almost every Sunday, tho. And mum usually attends the Tuesday evening service.

I hate incense...they give me a brutal headache. They burn them in Greek Orthodox churches, I had to leave one on our trip to Greece and stand outside because I was about to pass out.