RIP Chris Benoit, whole family

unclehobart

From the WWE website: http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitdead

Chris Benoit, family found dead

STAMFORD, Conn., June 25, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment was informed today by authorities in Fayetteville County, Ga., that WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son were found dead in their home. Authorities are investigating, but no other details are available at this time.

Instead of its announced programming for tonight on USA Network, WWE will air a three-hour tribute to Chris Benoit.

Chris was beloved among his fellow Superstars, and was a favorite among WWE fans for his unbelievable athleticism and wrestling ability. He always took great pride in his performance, and always showed respect for the business he loved, for his peers and towards his fans. This is a terrible tragedy and an unbearable loss.

WWE extends its sincere condolences and prayers to the Benoit family and loved ones in this time of tragedy.

Holy hell. I actually knew the guy in passing 5-6 years ago. No telling if it was murder or some kind of gas leak.

tonksy

That's one hell of a leap between those possibilities. (no, I didn't read the story)

The whole family is dead...so it's either murder (which another article I read was implying) or some kind of accident that got them all (and since the house is still standing a gas leak is an apt alternative).

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'd jump to the murder conclusion unless the reports said accident

unclehobart

The stories I'm reading this morning are all saying 'confirmed' to an unspecified degree or another. There must have been a note, signs of strangulation... something there. The police are being mighty tight with the details.

Professur

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit canceled a pay-per-view appearance at the "Vengeance" event in Houston because of "personal reasons" a day before he, his wife and their 7-year-old son were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide.

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that it asked authorities to check on Benoit and his family after being alerted by friends who received "several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning."

Source

think she was screwing around?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Or how about all the above?

She was screwing around, which fucked up his steroid-fueled brain...:shrug:

Professur

TMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.

Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths.

One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.

According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home.

A police investigation is ongoing.

The piranhas have smelt blood

Source