RIP Chris Benoit, whole family

Professur

What's happening now isn't justice. It's self serving drivel. Yesterday, it was 'so sad'. Today, he's some kind of monster. Tomorrow, they'll find something else to judge about. But that's not justice.

tonksy

Yesterday it was so sad because the truth wasn't known. Facts are facts, it seems likely that the man killed his wife, waited a day and then killed his son, waited another day and killed himself.
Seriously, this is not a crime of passion in the heat of the moment. I can see a heated moment and things get out of hand and he kills his wife. Terrible thing, but what he should have done was call the police and turn himself in...or kill himself then and there. I do not know what kind of monster it takes to kill a child - your own child- but it's a monster indeed.

Professur

Without doubt ..... but I still haven't heard the 'why' yet. Like I already said, there's never justification for killing a child ... and any murder suicide should start in the reverse order .... but something made him do this. Maybe it was drugs, stress, total emotional breakdown ..... I don't know. Until I do, until anyone does .... any judgment is just folk getting their jollies at the victims' expense.

Bish would say it's just more of my twisted personal outlook on morality .... but it's mine.

tonksy

I am certain we will get into the why as the investigation unfolds but it'll never be enough justification.
I like to think that most folks do not like to focus on the why's of situations like this because once you list them it makes it easier for people to see how such a thing could happen in their own lives and no one wants to fathom that that is possible.

Professur

According to officials, Nancy was bound at the wrists and feet, with a towel wrapped around her body, and blood was found underneath her head. A Bible was also reportedly found near each one of the bodies.

Source

That's not 'roids .... that's a mind unhinged.

Professur

I'll take your word for it, Cap't .... my only knowledge of 'roids is the rage. You don't tie up people when you're raging. Add the Bibles ... and you're (speculative) into the euphoric/psychotropic mental state, a la Jonestown.

unclehobart

Roids don't make one rage. Over time they amplify what is already in existence. If you were a nice guy before roids, then you are a nice guy afterwards. If you were a dickhead, then you become a complete dickhead.

I wonder what the script meds were. A cocktail of Zoloft-y type stuff could explain muchly. It never ceases to amaze me when murder becomes the only way out of a relationship. Whatever happend to 'I'm moving out and want a divorce'?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Whatever happend to 'I'm moving out and want a divorce'?

Child support, alimony, using the child(ren) as pawns to stick it to the non-custodial parent, 'me, me, me' mentality, loss of half your stuff whether you were in the wrong or not.

unclehobart

He was Catholic. No divorce for him.
So divorce is a no-no worse than murdering a kid to the Catholics? ...and suicide? So theres no divorce... big deal... I'm just not going to live there any longer. later toots.

He had other kids... so apparently religion hasn't exactly been a stone solid influence to date.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Strangeld his wife on day one & his kid on day 2. Makes me hope there's a Hell.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Atleast if he got divorced he coulda asked for forgiveness, there's no chance to ask for forgiveness when you commit suicide. Even if he was religious his thought process was fucked.

Professur

The WWE website has pulled all the memorial testaments. Like rats leaving a sinking ship. Yesterday they couldn't say enough about how great a guy he was, and how much respect they had for him. Now they barely acknowledge they even knew him.

Like a fucking greek tragedy .....