Robs holy trinity

Jeslek

Banned
unclehobart said:
Nix. Dont get me wrong. My angle isn't about raw ecconomics. Its about culture. 99.9% of the population here find marmite, bovril, and curry to be absolutely gag city. Its not available because of tarrifs... its not here because people cant stand it because they wernt raised on it.
I like curry, but the other two I will pass. ;)

unclehobart

What can i say... I have a salt tooth... not a sweet one. The stuff is salty as hell. 90% oif the time I use a dab or two as a soup base.

Aunty Em

MuFu said:
I eat the stuff out of the jar like peanut butter. I love it.

Thick buttered toast and marmite - it's one of those things you love or hate. Yum, yum. :D :D :D :headbang:

I got into guiness when I was pregnant - but sacrilege - I like it ice cold. :eek: :eek: :eek:

kuulani

I never tried marmite ... never even heard of it before unc ... but I probably eat stuff here that would make you guys gag too ... ever heard of patis? :D

unclehobart

kuulani said:
I never tried marmite ... never even heard of it before unc ... but I probably eat stuff here that would make you guys gag too ... ever heard of patis? :D
I would describe the flavor of marmite as being a peanut butter soft goo, reddish black in color, and tasting like a reduced salt beef bullion cube. Its utterly vegan and crammed with the whole B vitamin spectrum.

Aunty Em

PuterTutor said:
Ardsgaine said:
Aunty Em said:
I got into guiness when I was pregnant

You're female? You argue like a guy... :)

Oh... that was a compliment, btw. :p

And

::runs for cover:: :lol:

I thought the same thing.

*hides*

I will take it as the compliment. Why the heck would I call myself Aunty Em if I was a guy? I've probably been arguing with my brothers for longer than you've been on this earth - I guess it rubs off.

Not wishing to boast - just to illustrate - I'm a trained nurse and I rode big bad motorbikes for 13 years, including rebuilding 3 of 'em myself and practiced and taught Karate and Aikijitsu until a bike accident put paid to that. I now have a Batcholars Degree in Applied Biology with Environmental Studies - technically I'm a research scientist.

I'm webmaster for 3 websites including one national and one international charity, plus I have four of my own - which really do need some work on them so I won't give out any addresses! I teach basic IT to beginners, write my own html and am learning to program in VB6 (databases) and javascript with a view to studying a few other languages - when I get the time. I also have built and try to trouble-shoot my own computers - in lieu of bikes I guess. I'm a published poet and am writing my first novel - if I ever get it finished.

Oh yes and I'm studying with Lampeter College at The University of Wales and just starting my 3rd year of Spanish. I would say I'm probably not your average female, but then I've never let gender stand in my way.

Ardsgaine

Why the heck would I call myself Aunty Em if I was a guy?

Hell, I don't know... Why would a woman call herself Uncle Hobart?

:p ;)

I rode big bad motorbikes for 13 years, including rebuilding 3 of 'em myself and practiced and taught Karate and Aikijitsu until a bike accident put paid to that.

I guess we'll have to make you an honorary guy, then. :)

Aunty Em

Ardsgaine said:
I guess we'll have to make you an honorary guy, then. :)

You're too late. The war-gamers club already did that years ago and because of my height, short hair and stocky build anyone seeing me in bike gear with my helmet on just assumed I was. I've lost count of how many times I've been called "Sir". ;)