Same old same old?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Not exactly...

It will cost Kansas City $240,000 to settle a lawsuit that exposed a water department division as a hub of profanity and racial and ethnic slurs.

The City Council will vote today on a measure to settle the lawsuit brought by Willa Russell...

The lawsuit revealed a pervasive atmosphere of racial insensitivity that was tolerated in the office. Russell submitted the names of 28 employees in the same division “who regularly used profanity or told racist jokes and were not disciplined or demoted” as Russell was, the appellate court said.

Several employees testified at a hearing that Russell had never made comments they considered bigoted or offensive, and they suggested she was singled out for discipline because of her race.

highwayman

I have been known to let loose a fuck you, shit or son of a bitch a few times.. but this looks like a bunch of idiots in the water department...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
“who regularly used profanity or told racist jokes

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU STUPID BITCH (I'd add a racial epithet but I'm not certain of her pigmentation)

freako104

Gonz said:
SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU STUPID BITCH (I'd add a racial epithet but I'm not certain of her pigmentation)

be careful Gonz, she might sue you for harm. Stupid cunt she is.

Inkara1

I thought men weren't allowed to use the word "cunt," kind of like how men aren't allowed to have an opinion on abortion.

Professur

Inkara1 said:
I thought men weren't allowed to use the word "cunt," kind of like how men aren't allowed to have an opinion on abortion.

What fucknut came up with that rule?

highwayman

Inkara1 said:

Who asked you bitch, if I knocked her up I will take resposilibility, If she aborts the child then she is a cunt and deserves to be slaped around....

2minkey

bootlicker
so, wait, several other employees corroborated her story about racially motivated shit going on in the office but she's the cunt? and if a bunch of others made HER race an issue, she should just shut up and take it? am i reading this crap correctly?

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah, um, clicking on the link gives an entirely different picture that the posted quote... nice.... interesting what i assumed...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
1. There is no "E" in 'honky'
2. "Handling" racist jokes and profanity is not part of being adult. If a person says they don't like the jokes, stop telling them. Those jokes are not required for the job, are they?
3. If somebody is bothered by racist jokes and profanity, wouldn't the more adult thing be to stop telling them when said person is around, at least?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Adults shouldbe able to handle themselves, as adults. The jokes & profanity should have stopped (or at least quieted down), if asked. However, there is no need to settle for 240grand when your tastes are offended. Personal tastes run the gamut. What makes the sense of hunmor of one more important than another?

Sorry-my racial epithets are kinda rusty.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
2minkey said:
yeah, um, clicking on the link gives an entirely different picture that the posted quote... nice.... interesting what i assumed...

My point exactly.

Oh how quick we are to jump to conclusions these days.

Dave

The council will vote on an ordinance to pay $105,000 in the settlement of claims and $135,000 in attorneys fees.

i found this sentence to be more disturbing than the rest of the article.