Small Bitch Session

Professur

Gato_Solo said:
It's a lot more rare in the US I guess, as my 1988 Audi is still running on the original CV joints and ball joints. I've had to replace boots, but naught else.

Salt is relatively cheap compared to sand and gravel. Plus it has the added benefit of not having to be cleaned up at the end of the season.

Unless you actually account for the damage it does to the cement roads and bridge spans. Add that cost, and CaCl suddenly isn't so costly.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
The wear on rubber parts goes up dramatically the farther north you go. I remember when I lived in Iowa replacing the boots on the CV joints was a regular maintenence item as well. Here in Missouri it's not. Although, ironically, that is what I'll be doing this weekend on the Eclipse. (185,000 miles)... It's also amazing the difference in rust that you don't see down here but you did up there.

Inkara1

Mirlyn said:
Theres one problem here....at RadioShack, you could be the one they return stuff to. At bigbox retailers such as CC and BBY, you are not. Thats one of the biggest reasons I left BBY was because a salesman isn't tracked by a specific sale...thus, they wouldn't have to deal with returns. The customer would return a product, and it would show against the store count, not the department or the salesman. Then it would be in my field; I, as a tech inspecting the returned product for malfunction, would have to be the one to tell the customer that things would not work unless you had part X. Guess who got to the customer's response? Guess who had to set the customer straight. Not the salesman.
Altron mentioned commission. If he's getting commission then they have to track who sells what somehow.

Mirlyn

Inkara1 said:
Altron mentioned commission. If he's getting commission then they have to track who sells what somehow.
Possibly. I heard CC wasn't tracking returns to sales receipts/employee numbers (I don't understand why not, but, whatever). ;)

Inkara1

Seems like they'd be asking for problems if not. I could go in there and sweet talk people into buying anything all I want, and not care if they keep it because I'd already be paid. enough people do that and the company is severly fuxx0red.