So, I got this Electric Shaver

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
for christmas. Thing is, I've been shaving with a Razor and cream for around 15 years now. I've always wanted to try the electric thing, the idea of grabbing my shaver on the way out the door is kinda cool. So I start shaving with it last week, and now my neck and chin are this glorious shade of maroon. Fuck it hurts. I got some of the Glide gel, or something like that that is made for electric shavers, but it's not helping much. Any other ideas, or is my face just that accustomed to the razor and doesn't want to switch?

The box said it would take a couple weeks to adjust, It just didn't say I was going to have the most painful rash I've ever had in the meantime.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It does take time but it shouldn't cause a rash. Gently grasshopper, it's not grass in the middle of July.

PT

Q said:
Does it have any other settings besides mow the skin to the bone?

No, I got a cheap one, I told my wife that, I didn't want to start off with top of the line if I didn't like it, it's a Remington Microscreen 1. Here's a pic.

Q

Maybe someones been using it to shave the dogs. That's what happened to my husbands shaver. :D

PT

That's not entirely out of the question in my house, but I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened. I haven't noticed any bald spots on the dogs, and the razor isn't clogged up with hair.

Q

PuterTutor said:
That's not entirely out of the question in my house, but I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened. I haven't noticed any bald spots on the dogs, and the razor isn't clogged up with hair.
You have to be slick when shaving the dogs with Daddy's razor...vacuum all the hair off the floor and out of the razor, so he doesn't make the connection :D

PT

I wonder if there are classes available for this kind of thing, kinda like the seminars they have at Home Depot?

PT

I suppose I could go hang out at the airport and ask them as they go by, they always seem to be rather close shaven.