So, I got this Electric Shaver

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Spirit said:
Every time I read the subject, I read: So, I got this Electric Chair

I wish. Just can't find those like you used to, had to build my own.

unclehobart

theres a special powder stick that you rub on your face right before you shave it. It seems odd to do so... but it really does help. It makes it shave closer and knocks the burn right out.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
I don't shave my face :D

Do you know the name of the powder stick? Would it work..... *everywhere*?

75renegade

Perhaps the real purpose of this gift, (if there need be one), was less about improvin' or disimprovin' yer shaving experience, an' more about discoverin' a new way to assemble a close-nit group of friends together to brainstorm the best way to solve the rest of the world's problems.....................

Or could be jus' the thing ya needed to create the necessary environment for one of those rare an' cherrished, "bonding times".

............or not:confuse2: :D

75renegade

Spirit said:
definitely a razor - not electric.

How do you avoid razor rash?

Got my fiance' some of that, "As Seen On TV", Epilstop stuff as an' experimental Christmas gift.

She said it seemed to do the trick. Day 2, still no stubble. Box says can remove hair for up to 3 months............I think.

At any rate, we're both extremely supicious whether any of these "miracle" hair-removin' products are worth their salt.........lookin' at the track record of such products as Nair, Epilady, nose an' ear trimmers, an' even adhesive tape supposedly designed to pull hair out by the root like wax.

I'd say there's been alot of product marketeers who've made a bundle from those of us who r vain enough to refuse to believe that hair is actually meant to be worn as God gives it growth.:D

Myself, I'm obessive about the use of my "Miracle Tweezer", combined with daily excerisin' of the disposable double-edged shaver with one of my other personal favorite inventions..........extra sensitive shave gel! That stuff is so cool!:headbang:

PostCode

Major contributor!
I got mine about three months ago. At first I got the same results. Painful rash. Now, if I wait a day, as my facial hair dosen't grow all that fast, I'm fine. I can do it everyday with no problem, just a little tender. Hell of a lot better than when I first switched over though. It's taking my facial hair a hell of a lot longer than two to get used to being cut this way though.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I tried that pre-shaving powder before, and it made my face itch like an SOB. Haven't used it since that first time.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Well, after using now for a week, it seems to be getting a little better. I have found that if I shave every other day rather than every day, that helps a little too. That's still about three times as often as I'm used to though.

PostCode

Major contributor!
If you stick with it, I highly recommend getting a really nice razor. First time I tried I got one of those cheapo ones and the screen caused all kinds of problems. This Norelco I've got now is a rather nice one, but it cost me a pretty penny. Well worth it though.