songs that make you sad :(

BlurOfSerenity

and not just sad in an uplifting, theraeapeutic way.

i mean songs that make you want to slit your wrists, or cry and scream, etc.

mine are "cross out the eyes" by thursday, and "jesus or a gun" by fuel.

i've cried uncontrollably during both.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I can't stand Amor Eterno, either sang by Juan Gabriel or by Vicente Fernandez.

Dave

the entire Norah Jones CD.
the sound, mood and tempo makes me think of a cold, damp and dreary day in the fall.
no one at work wants to hear it anymore. too depressing.

BlurOfSerenity

radiohead's "how to dissapear completely", and cold's "bleed" are two songs i am very, very, familiar with, but i find them to be uplifting, somehow.

AlladinSane

I can't stand "Tente Outra Vez" (Try again) from Raul Seixas. It has a rather positive message, but he sang it like he was trying hard to believe in it. In fact he almost shout the whole song and I could swear he was crying while. I can't help myself but cry too when I sing it...

ris

for me ash, at the time, i really did wish that i wasn't there and it wasn't happening.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
lots of David Foster's stuff... For Just a Moment is one...

and the theme from Love Story... :crying3:

chcr

Too cute for words
The Theme from Love Story does it for me too Les.Another one that really gets to me, for personal reasons, is MacArthur Park by Richard Harris (yes, the actor). Forever Autumn is another really good sad song, but I love to sing it so it doesn't make me sad. :D

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
AlladinSane said:
I can't stand "Tente Outra Vez" (Try again) from Raul Seixas. It has a rather positive message, but he sang it like he was trying hard to believe in it. In fact he almost shout the whole song and I could swear he was crying while. I can't help myself but cry too when I sing it...

i know what you mean, you can feel the tears in the voice.

Professur

Butterfly Kisses. Heard that while on the road and had to pull over to pull myself together. Damn near turned around and headed home right there and then.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
ohhhhhh ack isn't that one awful/great/gutwrenching too?

and Beth, of course... :crying3:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
hubby used to sing that to me when he was pretending he missed me while on the road :retard: