steering and traction protection

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Oh....large parking lots after midnight are for driving?

:rofl4:

When I was in highschool we used to go to large parking lots at night, one night it was snowing and I suggested that we go to a parking lot...and the bf was like "yeah, let's go do donuts!" I was like "Nah, just take me home."

I shoulda known then it wasn't gonna work :lloyd:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
:rofl4:

When I was in highschool we used to go to large parking lots at night, one night it was snowing and I suggested that we go to a parking lot...and the bf was like "yeah, let's go do donuts!" I was like "Nah, just take me home."

LMAO

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
If you'd said 70 instead of 60 you could have had the tires off the van. You're looking about $130 per tire for Toyo Observe (my personal recommendation). Rims at a parts shop will probably run you $45-55 a piece. Ask specifically for jobber rims.

So apparently one can't trust the internet...I checked my tires today and they're actually P205/55 R16

Anywhoo, dealership will install BFGoodwrench for $129/tire + $94/rim (GM rims) or Uniroyal for $119/tire + $94/rim (GM)...thing is they'll also store whatever tires I'm not using for me and change back and forth for me every year for aslong as I own the car or until the tires wear out (whichever comes first) for free and I get 5% off cause it's where I bought my car.

Sounds pretty sweet no?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
So, after reading some reviews on both tires I'm going with the BFGoodwrench because they received better reviews by people who actually seem competant...unlike the Uniroyals which got a lower score and the few good comments I read were written by idiots...one guy raved on and on about how good the uniroyals were and then ended with "I'll definately buy another set next winter" ummmm last I checked tires should last more than 4-6 months :lloyd:

If that wasn't bad enough...I then read a review by a guy in sudbury who said how he put them on for all four tires on his car (ok, always a good idea) and then went on to say how they allowed him to pull his snowmobile trailer on an unplowed road in his ONE wheel drive car! :lloyd:

Yup, BFGoodwrench it is. $975 after taxes.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Yeah I'm confused...the service centre is "GMGoodwrench" and the tires are "BFGoodrich" :lloyd:

Maybe I should get the Uniroyals, apparently my intelligence is on par with the guys who reviewed them :shrug:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
IMO, BFG tires are really good, at least over here. I can't say the same about uniroyals.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
IMO, BFG tires are really good, at least over here. I can't say the same about uniroyals.

Nah I was just joking about getting uniroyals...it was just a comment on my stupidity by comparing myself to the guy who said he had a one wheeldrive car...I'm going BFgoodrich

Inkara1

BF Goodrich is a good tire... that company sold the tire business to Michelin in 1986, so Michelin makes BF Goodrich tires now.

Professur

You're getting hosed on the rims, for starters. And if you're buying rims, why are you bothering to have the tires stored at the shop? The whole point of buying a second set of rims is to do the swap yourself and save the $40 twice a year. If you're gonna pay them to swap the tires twice a year (rotating tires is usually about $20 a set), you'd be ahead of the game to leave off buying rims and just have them install the rubber on your existing. That way, you get them balanced frequently (saves wear) and replace the valve (the most common leak on swapped rims).

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
You're getting hosed on the rims, for starters. And if you're buying rims, why are you bothering to have the tires stored at the shop? The whole point of buying a second set of rims is to do the swap yourself and save the $40 twice a year. If you're gonna pay them to swap the tires twice a year (rotating tires is usually about $20 a set), you'd be ahead of the game to leave off buying rims and just have them install the rubber on your existing. That way, you get them balanced frequently (saves wear) and replace the valve (the most common leak on swapped rims).

They are swapping them for FREE each and every year aslong as I own both the winter tires and the car. DO learn to read :p

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Oh, and the tires are cheaper than what I could get at Canadian tire by $60 and the rims are more by $45 so in the end I will pay less for a full set of 4 from the dealership plus have free storage and free swapping :p

Professur

They are swapping them for FREE each and every year aslong as I own both the winter tires and the car. DO learn to read :p
Go back and read what I posted again, clever clogs. Starting from the word "if", it's a generic statement.

And if I ever hear that you've gone to CT for anything, I'll disown you outright. But besides that, you can still do much better for tires.

O.K. TIRE (APPLEWOOD)
1 - 50 DELTA PARK BLVD
BRAMPTON, ON L6T 5E7
Tel.(905) 790-1940 Fax.(905) 790-1869

TIRESMART AUTO SERVICES
506 MAIN STREET NORTH
BRAMPTON, ON L6V 1P9
Tel.(905) 453-5565 Fax.(905) 453-5582

TIRECRAFT - BRAMPTON
24 BRAMALEA ROAD
BRAMPTON, ON L6T 2W7
Tel.(905) 799-6440 Fax.(905) 799-3205

TIRE DISCOUNTER
190 BOVAIRD DR., UNIT 36
BRAMPTON, ON L7A 1A2
Tel.905 457-4944 Fax905 457-2427

O.K. TIRE & AUTO SERVICE (BRAMPTON SOUTH)
308 RUTHERFORD ROAD SOUTH
BRAMPTON, ON L6W 3K7
Tel.905-453-2699 Fax905-453-2106

Phone around a bit.