Still same ol' lovelife bollix...

ClarabellaUK

Just need to share this... get it off my chest so to speak...

I believe my new fella wants to break up with me.... I'm losing him and I'm going out of my mind!

I heard nothing from him since 12pm yesterday and he seemed fine on the phone... we were going to meet today do something together... but he texts me today to say that yesterday whilst washing his car his ex who he hasn't seen since they split (over a year ago)called round. "nothing happened but he now doesn't think he's over her" He still has feelings for her... that he feels a bastard as "both his heart and head don't belong to me" He "honestly thought he was over her"

He obviously wants to get back with her.

I don't know what to do. I've tried to call once but he didn't answer. I texted that we need to talk. And its changed nothing for me. My feelings haven't changed. And I'm just sitting it out... the balls in his court.

I just think its pretty coincidental how the weekend after the weekend I'm seen out with him in his local, drinking with mutual friends, she comes out of the woodwork. I know often its a case of "don't know what you've got til its gone" and the prospect of him no longer being single may have spurred her into action but WHAT A BITCH! How awful?

He claims "nothing happened" but describes it as "I had a proper head battering day and kind of went on a drinking bender after all the shit happened" Shit? Strange choice of words to describe a sudden unprovoked re emergence of love!!!! She obviously was begging him!

I don't understand... he's written me countless letters... said he's never felt the way he feels about me before... told me he loves me!... cheekily asked me on MSN how long in terms of time would I consider it appropriate before I'd consider, moving in with a boyfriend, getting engaged and getting married!!!!!!! Sent me flowers!

I thought he was the one... I've never felt like I do about my bloke ever before!!!!! I've told him everything!!!!EVERYTHING!

Perhaps this was a big ploy for sex... but I can't see it.

The man needs an Oscar for his performance as the devoted BF!!!! He was sitting in my house eating my lasagne on Tuesday! I was round at his getting a full body massage and copious cuddles on Thursday!!!!!!

I'm so confused.

I feel so desperate... I feel so empty and hurt... like I've been kicked in the stomach. Can't stop crying. Cried so much I've been sick.

Nothing to do except wait and see.

ClarabellaUK

Update... thrilling as it is... bet you're all in suspenders... :roll2: Not!

Basically talked on MSN... which is hardly the best form of communication but I'm a snotty tear stained mess and he's got the shakes too bad (apparently really went for it last night in the pub with guilt and worry) to drive.

We're on a break... time for him to think.

Unsure how long.

Left it up to him to contact me.

Mistake I feel.... as I reckon I'll never hear from him again... they have a history... its still early days for us (2 months... he came on very strong) She's very slim... I'm not! She's not me... I am!

He's gone. :crying3: :(

I could be wrong... I hope I am. I hope he really meant all that he's said.

who'm I trying to kid...

tonksy

Move on. Not worth beating yourself up over a 2 month relationship with a guy who obviously has feeling for his ex. Calling her a bitch over it is senseless too.

ClarabellaUK

Move on. Not worth beating yourself up over a 2 month relationship with a guy who obviously has feeling for his ex. Calling her a bitch over it is senseless too.

Yeah... possibly but in those 2 months... its was like I'd met my best friend... my soul mate. I thought it was mutual.

So... it's not bitch like to attempt to get your fella back when you become aware that he's happy with another? And so causing hurt and upset and ruining the life of another person? It's not something I would personally do.

tonksy

Why do you suppose she was trying to get back with him just because of you? Perhaps she wasn't over him the same as he wasn't over her. Do you know that she knew about you? Besides, she doesn't know you or owe you anything. If you want to be upset with anyone for a betrayal you should be upset with your boyfriend. He, if anyone involved in the situation, is the one that owes you an apology.

ClarabellaUK

If you want to be upset with anyone for a betrayal you should be upset with your boyfriend. He, if anyone involved in the situation, is the one that owes you an apology.

You're right... but... As yet there's not real betrayal other than his feelings! He says she's not aware of any change of heart on his part.

I reckon his actually telling me is unusual... Some blokes would probably have his cake and eat it by continuing to date me whilst trying to decide.

He's been extremely honest and open... and in the process has probably hurt me more than if he'd been more devious!

He's full of apologies... and I have the higher ground... there's no question of the sincerity of my feelings in this case... but if I press him I'm worried I'll push him into the arms of his ex.

I've been through all emotions today Tonks... shock, grief, anguish, denial... anger... I'm trying to avoid anger. But its hard! :lol2:

ClarabellaUK

Can you say oxymoron?

2 months is hardly time to get to know someones middle name.

Agree with tonks

It was enough... when you know... you know...

Not a believer in love at first sight or kismet... you surprise me Gonz!

Well... actually you don't. :p

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Horny at first sight...without doubt. Even a possibility of a promise at first sight. However, love is a deeper & more meaningful emotion than that.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Horny at first sight...without doubt. Even a possibility of a promise at first sight. However, love is a deeper & more meaningful emotion than that.

Agreed, there's no such thing as "Love at first sight" at best it's "lust at first sight"

ClarabellaUK

Well... we'll have to agree to disagree... It may not me "love" but its not just lust...

I tend not to believe in speedy love either when I'm cosied up nice in a long term realtionship... but us relationship refugees gotta have hope! :retard:

ClarabellaUK

Oh... and no real update...

Waiting on him to make his decision... its killing me.

My reasons are 2 fold...
1) A man has all the power
2) A man has all the power

I'm screwed... and not in the good way... least not with him I reckon!

ClarabellaUK

Right... thats it!

Its no good!

Its 2:15pm GMT and I'm still in my PJ's... pink striped before anyone asks! ;) Its pathetic!

Moping is sooooo not the way!

Need to appear confident and in control and so attractive...

C'mon gal! Haul ass to the shower... dress and get some fresh air! :swing: