Study: Living together (before marriage) may lead to breakup

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
unclehobart said:
Geez... this study comes out every three months and gets touted like its amazing and spellbinding research. I agree with it in any case.

I Hope tonks doesn't find this, unc... :eek2: :D

Gato_Solo

unclehobart said:
She wouldn't have if you didn't feel compelled to dig it up, sgt. ;)

Me and my fiancee have been together for almost 6 years, and are showing no signs of a breakup. ;)

unclehobart

Gato_Solo said:
Me and my fiancee have been together for almost 6 years, and are showing no signs of a breakup. ;)
The sun has been together for 6 billion years... and you know that sucka is gonna break up at some point.

greenfreak

unclehobart said:
To avoid divorce, one must merely never marry. You can be b/f g/f forever.
Working on it... Six years together, four of them living together.

Gato Solo said:
Haven't both of you been married and divorced already? Did you live with your first wife before you married? Or am I thinking of someone else... :eh:

tonksy

Gato_Solo said:
well, we've hit over a year and i'd say we are just as happy now as ever. how many of you all gave us that long?

Uki Chick

PT said:
I'll second that.

I'll third that.

Divorce does suck, and the study may or may not be right. In my case, it's right. we lived together for 71/2 years before we actually tied the knot, and 2.5 years later, we're getting divorced.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
nalani said:
this is true .. but like marriage, when it's with the right person, it can be quite liberating ... and quite a blessing :D

no offense to any former wives of mine....hi nat!

but this it true as well, I think we are both better off now.

MrBishop

paul_valaru said:
no offense to any former wives of mine....hi nat!

but this it true as well, I think we are both better off now.
Wives? YOu been holding out on us, Pauly?!?

Gato_Solo

greenfreak said:
Haven't both of you been married and divorced already? Did you live with your first wife before you married? Or am I thinking of someone else... :eh:

Yep. We've both been through the 'meatgrinder'. As to my first wife...we didn't live together first.

Gato_Solo

Winky said:
One of if not the most important decisions
is choosing a mate!

Unfortunately, men do not really have a choice as to who we marry. Women do the choosing. All we can do is try to offer her the best choice. :devious:

100% of all western marriages are by choice of the female. All men can do is ask. ;)

Winky

It was she that pursued me from the start.

But after four years of being together
and having already buying a house together

yes, it was I that said:

“Let's get married”

Her response:

“You aren't serious!”

heh

Gato_Solo

Winky said:
It was she that pursued me from the start.

But after four years of being together
and having already buying a house together

yes, it was I that said:

“Let's get married”

Her response:

“You aren't serious!”

heh

How many women did you pursue until you met the 'right one'? How many did you consider marrying before the wifey put you in the stranglehold of luv? How many told you 'no', in some form, or another?

So...in other words...she chose you. ;) Now...looking back...did you really have a choice of staying, or leaving?

freako104

unclehobart said:
To avoid divorce, one must merely never marry. You can be b/f g/f forever.

Sound advice :D

Gato: Doesnt both people in a relationship have the right to leave if they feel it isnt working or whatever?