Study: Living together (before marriage) may lead to breakup

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Rob, whatever you do, DON'T GET IN THE MAGNUM WITH HOMELAN! You're NOT going for ice cream!!

chcr

Too cute for words
tonksy said:
I would like to inform everyone that today marks 2 years that Rob and I have been living in sin :)
No such thing. :p

Sure doesn't seem that long. Happy sinful living anniversary, you two.

Winky

Yeah Louie time does fly.

and before they know it the baby gurls will be
a wearin' painted on hip huggers
(and have the curves to fill 'em out)
gettin' their belly buttons pierced
(with mom's approval over Unc's objections)
dragin' home boi's
getting their drivers licenses
and go traipsing off to collage or worse

and there will be the 'unmarried' old
couple wondering "what do we do now"?

so who do ya think the gurls will want to
‘walk them down the aisle”

Unc or Slim?!?

unclehobart

Whats gives thee an impression that I would object to piercings? It's their body. They are the ones that have to suck up the consequences, not me. Once they are old enough, they can do whatever they like. My job as a parent is to install habits to keep them in school, off drugs, outta jail, not smoke, and avoid pregnancy. Outside of that it would be nice if they picked up a finer depth of common sense, the ability to manage personal finances, social skills, a sense of self-preservation, confidence working with tools and on cars, cook, drive a stick... but you can only lead them.. not strongarm.

What will we do then? Anything we want...duh. I didn't know being married was a requirement to having a purpose to life after the kids get kicked out. Frankly, it would be quite liberating.

I'm not going to be offended if they choose their own father over me to give them away in marriage; I would probably be all for it.. that way I don't have to rent an ill-fitting tux.

next objection?

tonksy

:rofl4: Geez, when I read Winks post my thoughts immediately sprang to Rob lamenting the tuxedo.
They'll pick whomever they like :shrug: but I think it would mean more to James.
As far as piercings go, I don't mind...but spacers come when they ain't in my house! Anything that requires surgery to repair once you are over your little phase is out of the question.
The girls already want tattoos but I have sat them down and explained that their bodies are still growing and it would mess up the tattoo. I told them that if they still want one when it is legal and they have their own job to pay for their own adornment I will be fine with it.
They love the temporary tattoos that are everywhere these days, so maybe this'll be enough for the remaining 14 years.
Marlowe is already asking about coloring her hair, though. I don't really know what to think about this. I started using Sun-in (a spray on hair bleacher) at 11 and I colored my hair for the first time for my freshman homecoming. Not that I am endorsing it but I view it as innocuous. Hair is hair and can either be colored over, bleached out, or cut off.

Slim Pickens

One thing that I am grateful about the relationship that the 4 of us (me, T, Rob, and Roz) have is our willingness to discuss these things and come to decisions TOGETHER. Like T said about the spacers, it's not Daddy they have to worry about with the tattoos and piercings, its Ra-Ra, Su-Sue, and Le-Lee...and Daddy will deal with that as necessary. It might not be my thing, but like T said, its their bodies-when they are older and have their own jobs to support their idiosyncracies. It's like a bumper sticker that my boss's daughter has on her car: "You all laugh at me because I'm different-I laugh at all of you because you are all the same"

tonksy

Slim Pickens said:
I'm almost scared to ask, but what did she say? :eek13:
While in the bath:
Marlowe "My daddy is skinny and fat"
Me "Why is your daddy skinny and fat?"
Marlowe "Because he's getting so old"

After a few minutes of valiantly trying to keep a straight face, I manage to work out that she meant that your arms and legs were skinny but your belly was not. AH, Children!