the best time of your life...

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
*tips hat to yahoo spider*

I gotta break the question down into two catagories.

Best singular moments:

The first time I saw KISS live. I cried like a bitch.

Walking across the stage at MTSU with my college diploma.

One particular hike I took (solo) about six years ago. I crested a long gradual climb, rounded a corner...and what looked like 1/3 of North Carolina opened up in front of me. I actually staggered backward and just plopped down on the trail for awhile.

Buying the house that burned down.

Best periods of time collectively:

Senior year in high school. I started the year 3rd out of 235 kids academically, finished 17th. THAT took some doin', and oh Lord did I do it right!

1988 - 1993, college years, hangin out with rock stars and strippers and wannabes and rock whores and gutter sluts and whatever else slithered into my scope of reference.

Moving back here when I did, before I burned out completely and took hostages in a Burger King or somethin.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The depressing part is that I've got a guitar sitting in there & I have no desire to play. I'll pick it up & fiddle around & I've forgotten everything (it's been well over 20 years) & my fingers won't work

Work has killed my soul :(

TexasRaceLady

My personal high --- riding in a real stock car around Charlotte Motor Speedway at race speed. Talk about an adrenaline rush. Celebrating my 50th birthday.

Giving a special gift to someone --- 1976 --- standing at the bottom of Bridal Veil Falls(over 300 ft. high) in Telluride, Colorado. And knowing that for the first time in her life, and many trips to CO, that my 76 yr old grandmother was seeing it for the first time.

Mare

Wow, so many best times, england, my kids, getting married,watching scott's grandaughter be born(i never watched my own), on & on & on & on........:laugh4:

BlurOfSerenity

oh wow, it's weird revisiting this thread. a little more than 5 years ago, i said that promnight '02 was the best... but really, it was promnight 03 that was awesome, and i DID go to that. it was my senior prom. it was pretty cool, but not the best time of my life, i now realize.

i think the best times of my life are:
-the night that led to jay and i becoming a couple
-the NIN show i saw in 2000, when i was 14, for the fragility tour.

PrincessLissa

I have had so many great times that it is hard to pick just one. I would have to say that the best moment was finding out I was pregnant without any medical itervention after being told I wouldn't be able to have kids but that I might be able to with a lot of fertility treatments.

As for a time in my life, I would have to say right now. High School sucked ass, college was one giant series of fuck ups, and my child was a little "off". Right now I have my girls, a boy on the way, a wonderful husband, and I get to stay home and take care of my family which is something I have wanted ever since I was a little girl.

Luisette

- The day I met Luis.
- The day of our wedding.
- When I got accepted to UCDavis, even though I didn`t stay and came to study in Mexico instead, it was a great achievement.
- When my first nephew was born.
- High school was really fun.
- When I went to Mexico city and saw pandas for the very first time :).

Luisette

I have had so many great times that it is hard to pick just one. I would have to say that the best moment was finding out I was pregnant without any medical itervention after being told I wouldn't be able to have kids but that I might be able to with a lot of fertility treatments.

As for a time in my life, I would have to say right now. High School sucked ass, college was one giant series of fuck ups, and my child was a little "off". Right now I have my girls, a boy on the way, a wonderful husband, and I get to stay home and take care of my family which is something I have wanted ever since I was a little girl.

Having a wonderful husband is the best and having a child of his is amazing!. I`m glad that after you thought you would not be able to be a mother, you are now of more than one :D.