The Guys Rules :)

Kruz

We always hear “the rules” from the feminine side. Ok - well now hear the guys’ side ? These are our rules! Please note ...these are all numbered “1” ON PURPOSE!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
THE GUYS RULES
1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You’re a big girl. If it’s up, put it down.
1. Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not quests to see if we can find the perfect present yet again!
1. Sometimes, we are not thinking about you. Live with it.
1. Do not ask us what we are thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the shotgun formation, and NASCAR.
1. Sunday = sports. It’s like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.
1. Shopping is NOT a sport, and no, we are never going to think of it that way.
1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.
1. Crying is blackmail.
1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work. Strong hints do not work. Obvious hints do not work. Just say it!
1. We don’t remember dates. Mark birthdays and anniversaries on a calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand.
1. Most guys own three pairs of shoes - tops. What makes you think we’d be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?
1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That’s what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.
1. Check your oil! Please.
1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.
1. If you won’t dress like the Victoria’s Secret girls, don’t expect us to act like soap opera guys.
1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.
1. Let us ogle. We are going to look anyway; it’s genetic.
1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.
1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.
1. The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it. And quit whining to your girlfriends.
1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.
1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.
1. We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.
1. If we ask what is wrong and you say “nothing,” we will act like nothing’s wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
1. I’m in shape. - ROUND is a shape.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Kruz
What we've worked out after years of angst about this and things like raising and lowering the office chair for height is "if you want it to be a specific way ie up or down, do it yourself". That way noone has to remember anything, and if you want it, you do it goes both ways. I always agreed with him on "putting it up is as much work as putting it down. Fair is fair. :)

sbcanada

Putting it up is harder because you go against gravity... Putting it down is easy, you just tap it and it falls down... so that's why guys are justified in leaving it up. :D

Inkara1

There's an ongoing agreement in my family's house that BOTH parts of the toilet seat go down. That way, everyone has to do some lifting. It also has the added benefit of keeping the cats from going for a swim. :D

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Kruz said:
We always hear “the rules” from the feminine side. Ok - well now hear the guys’ side ? These are our rules! Please note ...these are all numbered “1” ON PURPOSE!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
THE GUYS RULES
1. Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not quests to see if we can find the perfect present yet again!
1. Sometimes, we are not thinking about you. Live with it.
1. Do not ask us what we are thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the shotgun formation, and NASCAR.
1. Sunday = sports. It’s like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.
1. Shopping is NOT a sport, and no, we are never going to think of it that way.
1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.
1. Crying is blackmail.
1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work. Strong hints do not work. Obvious hints do not work. Just say it!
1. We don’t remember dates. Mark birthdays and anniversaries on a calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand.
1. Most guys own three pairs of shoes - tops. What makes you think we’d be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?
1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That’s what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.
1. Check your oil! Please.
1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.
1. If you won’t dress like the Victoria’s Secret girls, don’t expect us to act like soap opera guys.
1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.
1. Let us ogle. We are going to look anyway; it’s genetic.
1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.
1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.
1. The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it. And quit whining to your girlfriends.
1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.
1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.
1. We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.
1. If we ask what is wrong and you say “nothing,” we will act like nothing’s wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
1. I’m in shape. - ROUND is a shape.

Read and heed. All still apply, ladies. :D

BlurOfSerenity

Inkara1 said:
There's an ongoing agreement in my family's house that BOTH parts of the toilet seat go down. That way, everyone has to do some lifting. It also has the added benefit of keeping the cats from going for a swim. :D

yeah... my family's the same way. drowned kitties is bad!

BeardofPants

I'm sure I already posted something about toilet seats... Anyway, the whole lot goes down, like it's supposed to - y'know, to stop flushing miniscule shit all over the bathroom, your clothes, the floor, etc....

staffrodore

BeardofPants said:
I'm sure I already posted something about toilet seats... Anyway, the whole lot goes down, like it's supposed to - y'know, to stop flushing miniscule shit all over the bathroom, your clothes, the floor, etc....

Damn I was going to start a thread on the very same topic. And look, the toilet seat, us guys are doing you females a favour by leaving the seat up, that way we havent peed on the seat and you can see that we even bothered to lift the seat up! It's your job to lower the damn thing. And if it's dark and your worried about sitting on the rim, use the light.

PostCode

Major contributor!
Nobody bothers to tell me one way or the other about the toilet seat because they already know....I don't give a shit.

ClaireBear

Banned
On a toilet theme...

How the Hell do you guys miss?

I mean... c'mon yours is... that big in comparison to the loo pan which is... that big!

Guys are meant to have better spacial awareness... and supposedly better at hitting the mark! Yeah obviously if the mark is the toilet seat... the back of the toilet... the floor... the skirting board... the shelf behind the loo!!!!!! :rolleyes:

And do you go...

"oh shit the lino"

Bend your backs and wipe it up? HELL NO! You leave it to dry and smell and stain!!!!!

Now I understand that after certain acts the directional flow can be slightly unpredictable... and if I was involved in said acts that can induce such a reaction then fine... but surely its not the case always! NOT ALL OF THE TIME!!!!

Arrrggghhh!

*CB thinks it would be best not to pay more tham £5 square metre for the bathroom lino in the flat she and her bloke hopes to eventually share*

Inkara1

To this day, I'm still in the habit of putting both parts of the seat down, even though I have an apartment all to myself.

ClaireBear

Banned
Inkara1 said:
To this day, I'm still in the habit of putting both parts of the seat down, even though I have an apartment all to myself.

Well then you'll make a lady very very happy one day...

Except if the lady comes from a family that doesn't put down both... the number of times my drunken naked ass has made contact with the seat top is inumerable! :D

If you're drunk you don't look... you just sit! :blush: