The Guys Rules :)

Inkara1

tank girl said:
:crap: I don't think its very helpful to find this type of thing funny and not consider really thinking about why you're laughing about it: this sort of humour plays purely on BASIC, retarded assumptions about cultural stereotypes, such as "masculinity" vs "feminininity": if you feel the desire to reduce yourself to such an overtly ideological opposition and then laugh about it you're really not doing yourself - or society, any favours.
So I bet you wouldn't find these funny:

Q: Why do women have smaller feet?
A: So they can stand closer to the sink.

Q: If the dog is barking at the back door and the wife is bitching at the front door, who do you let in first?
A: The dog. It will shut up when you open the door.

Q: What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?
A: Nothing. You already told her twice!

A group of women met up one day, and decided to forego one chore around the house and insist that the man do it. They agreed to meet a week later to discuss the progress they saw.
A week later, the first woman said, "I decided I wasn't going to cook anymore. The first day, I didn't see anything, and the second day, I didn't see anything. But on the third day, he cooked the best five-course meal I've ever had in my entire life."
The second woman said, "I decided I wasn't going to vacuum anymore. On the first day, I didn't see anything, and on the second day, I didn't see anything. But on the third day, he pulled out the vacuum and vacuumed the entire carpet, and even pulled out the crevice attachment and got the spider webs down from the ceiling and got all the stuff from between the couch cushions."
The third woman said, "I decided I wasn't going to do the dishes anymore. On the first day, I didn't see anything, and on the second day I didn't see anything. But on the third day, I could finally see a little bit out of my right eye."

chcr

Too cute for words
tank girl said:
:crap: I don't think its very helpful to find this type of thing funny and not consider really thinking about why you're laughing about it: this sort of humour plays purely on BASIC, retarded assumptions about cultural stereotypes, such as "masculinity" vs "feminininity": if you feel the desire to reduce yourself to such an overtly ideological opposition and then laugh about it you're really not doing yourself - or society, any favours.
Sorry, TG, but 90% of comedy (maybe more) consists of taking obvious societal observations and then taking them to ridiculous extremes (perhaps it's that you don't understand the ridiculousness?). This fits that definition very nicely. You're taking it way too seriously, it's a joke. :shrug:

HomeLAN

Believe it or not, I don't consider the long term societal implications of every little fucking thing I do. Sometimes, I do something just because I enjoy it. Sometimes, I laugh at a joke that I find funny without considering its effect on any societal movements.

At these times, the last thing I need is someone soooo tied up in feminism that she can't see past it delivering a lecture. Go bother someone else, please.

Inkara1

Hey! Hey!

Q: Why do you always want to have your wife and mother-in-law in the car with you?
A: Because then you've got the safety of dual air bags!

Q: How many women does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Who cares? Let the bitch cook in the dark!

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
tank girl said:

Strange...when you reply to the 'All men are' type threads, you're much calmer. Perhaps it has to do with blindly following any, and all, things feminist?

Professur

Professur said:
As always, I live by majority rules. When I lived at home with my dad and brother, mum was outvoted, so up it went. When I got married, it was me and the missus, one all. So it was simply a matter of, take it as you find it, leave it as you use it. Now, I'm outnumbered by the missus, V2.0 and mum, so i put it down. But V3.0's in training, and if mum moves to the trailer as planned, that's us back even steven. And once V4.0's outta nappies .... up that bitch goes, and ladies ..... suprise.

*rubs hands* and so my plan advances.
Muhahahahahaha

Oh, and Mythbusters did tests on that poop spray. Bogus. A toothbrush kept in the kitchen (under a cover) had exactly the same baterial contamination as a brush left on the toilet tank. Putting the seat and lid down would achieve zip.

Professur

Y'know, I do have to wonder. How many guys here try leaving the seat down when they go? I mean, just how bad is your aim? Does the seat actually need to go up at all?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Professur said:
Y'know, I do have to wonder. How many guys here try leaving the seat down when they go? I mean, just how bad is your aim? Does the seat actually need to go up at all?

Yeah, I wonder that too from time to time. There's no need to lift it at all, but it feels odd to do it with the seat down.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
From what I hear, it's not the aim part, it's the shaking off part, although some seem to have a problem with aim also.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Gonz said:
From what I hear, it's not the aim part, it's the shaking off part, although some seem to have a problem with aim also.

I thought it was the splashing. :confused: That, and it doesn't always come out in the direction you're pointed in. :lloyd: