The Left's Phoney Outrage Over Phoney Rush Quote

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Why wouldn't they just donate to their own choice of charity?

Yea. We all know they'd do nothing to support thr troops or law enforcement.

I'd just be happy to see 'em put their money where their mouth is instead of stealing mine.

jimpeel

The "non-historical" document is now bid at $851,100. That means the Marine Corps - Law Enforcement Foundation will glean $1,702,200, including Limbaugh's matching share, even if no other bids are tendered.

Again, will the Democrats who signed the letter match the bid?

spike

Why wouldn't they just donate to their own choice of charity? Are republican congress members bidding on this or something?

spike

Yea. We all know they'd do nothing to support thr troops or law enforcement.

Cause Dems hate the police! :rofl3:

The republicans are the ones not supporting the troops.

I'd just be happy to see 'em put their money where their mouth is instead of stealing mine.

Maybe if the current batch of republicans weren't wasting all our money you'd have a little more.

jimpeel

I've gone to some trouble to point out that reasonable disussion involves basing things on fact not on things you make up.

If you include "making up" my having made up, or created, that chart for you to edify us of your political positions as opposed to Limbaugh; then I stand guilty.

The part I don't understand is why you will not take that simple chart. After all, there may be some things on which you and Limbaugh partially agree, totally agree, or vehemently disagree.

Limbaugh is opposed to abortion. Where do you stand?

Limbaugh is opposed to expanding government programs. Where do you stand?

Limbaugh is opposed to gun control. Where do you stand?

Limbaugh is pro business and capitalism. Where do you stand?

Limbaugh is opposed to socialized healthcare. Where do you stand?

Limbaugh is pro military. Where do you stand?

Limbaugh is for the war. Where do you stand?

Limbaugh is opposed to unions. Where do you stand?

Limbaugh is opposed to the UN. Where do you stand?

These are all simple queries which would take a miniscule amount of time to answer. Why the silence? Are you not proud of your ideology?

Tell us the facts on these issues.

But there you go again.

You don't give me much to work with because you skirt the issues. Pick one -- just one -- of the above subjects and let's take it to the bank. Tell us what you think -- not just that Limbaugh is a blowhard who toes the party line. Tell us what YOU think of that issue. Your choice.

Why wouldn't they just donate to their own choice of charity?

I would be okay with that but since they claim to be so rah-rah for the military I believe they should donate to a military charity like a widows and orphans type charity; not the Salvation Army.

jimpeel

The republicans are the ones not supporting the troops.

Now waitadamnminute. The Dems are the ones who are threatening to cut funding. The Dems are the ones calling the troops Nazis and murderers.

Hell, that resolution the Dems (Polosi) hoisted last week to reaffirm the last two iterations on Turkish Armenian genocide threatened to cause such a rift that the Turks were saying they might deny access to their air bases. That would have severed the most critical supply line to the troops we have. The Dems pulled it because they knew if they didn't it would hurt valuable strategic and national security issues that would cost them the next election.

Their approval rating is in the tank already.

jimpeel

Here is what Pete Stark said of our troops yesterday. I find the last three characters of the URL (0MG) apropos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lTUB5_l0Mg

STARK: They sure don't care about finding $200 billion to fight the illegal war in Iraq. Where you gonna get that money? You gonna tell us lies like you're telling us today? Is that how you're going to fund the war? You don't have money to fund the war or children, but you're going to spend it to blow up innocent people if we could get enough kids to grow old enough for you to send to Iraq to get their heads blown off for the president's amusement.

spike

If you include "making up" my having made up, or created, that chart for you to edify us of your political positions as opposed to Limbaugh; then I stand guilty.

Making shit up:

"The fact is that it is just okey-dokey with you if other talk radio hosts toe the party line."

I don't listen to the hosts you mentioned

"Your animus for this man runs so deep that if he were to fund the research and found a cure for prostate cancer "

Don't hate Rush, find him a comical idiot.

"you would declare him to be the finest person walking the earth."

Wrong again.

The part I don't understand is why you will not take that simple chart. After all, there may be some things on which you and Limbaugh partially agree, totally agree, or vehemently disagree.

I'm sure there are some things. What's your point?

You don't give me much to work with because you skirt the issues. Pick one -- just one -- of the above subjects

The above subjects are not the issues of this thread. So who's skirting?

I would be okay with that but since they claim to be so rah-rah for the military I believe they should donate to a military charity like a widows and orphans type charity; not the Salvation Army.

Well shit, as long as you approve of the charities people donate to.

jimpeel

Making shit up:

"The fact is that it is just okey-dokey with you if other talk radio hosts toe the party line."

I don't listen to the hosts you mentioned

I didn't say you listened to them. I said "it is just okey-dokey with you if other talk radio hosts toe the party line" as you have clearly stated about Rush. I then gave examples of those who would fit that bill.

"Your animus for this man runs so deep that if he were to fund the research and found a cure for prostate cancer "

Don't hate Rush, find him a comical idiot.

You call him names and defame him. Do you do this out of respect and love?

"you would declare him to be the finest person walking the earth."

Wrong again.

Likely not. You hate him because he is ideologically and diametrically opposed to your ideology. If he thought as you do, 100%, you would just love him.

The above subjects are not the issues of this thread. So who's skirting?

The subject of the thread is the war and comments that Limbaugh made that are being taken out of context and his being accused of hating the military.

So -- what do you think of the war and our military?

Well shit, as long as you approve of the charities people donate to.

What I said was "... since they claim to be so rah-rah for the military I believe they should donate to a military charity ...". They can donate to whatever effen charity they want. I simply believe that if they are so rah-rah for the military they shouldsolidify that support with a donation to a military charity.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I KNOW the answer. I'm just curious if he'd be willing to stand up for his convictions.

2minkey

bootlicker
okay peel....

1. Limbaugh is opposed to abortion. Where do you stand?
i'm against abortion. but i would not make it illegal.

2. Limbaugh is opposed to expanding government programs. Where do you stand?
WHAT government programs?
yeah, i'm against a lot of government spending. socail welfare as well as CORPORATE welfare.

3. Limbaugh is opposed to gun control. Where do you stand?
i prefer 77 grain from a 16" 1/7 twist barrel.

4. Limbaugh is pro business and capitalism. Where do you stand?
i'm all for business and capitalism.

5. Limbaugh is opposed to socialized healthcare. Where do you stand?
i'm opposed to socialized heathcare.

6. Limbaugh is pro military. Where do you stand?
i'm pro military. i support lots and lots of military spending.

7. Limbaugh is for the war. Where do you stand?
`i think it's a massive waste of resources, that we'll need to sink money into for at least 10 years to come, and possibly the biggest foreign policy blunder in US history.

and that makes me a commie pussy, right?

8. Limbaugh is opposed to unions. Where do you stand?
i find unions distasteful but prefer regularized relations with an established union to the good old days of calling out the national guard to shoot unruly workers.

9. Limbaugh is opposed to the UN. Where do you stand?
i;d prefer if we didn;t fund it to the degree we do.

2minkey

bootlicker
oh, and i almost forgot.

i rabidly oppose rush limbaugh and all his megamouthed shitbag ilk. he's a blowhard and it's embarrasing to me that american lap his shit up.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Have you actually spent more than an hour listening to him? Yes he's a blowhard. It's entertainment. He is pretty funny though & his stance is generally on the same side as mine. I'd like to listen to Randi Rhodes & Garafalo & friends but alas, they sucked so bad ever the libs wouldn't support them.

jimpeel

okay peel....

1. Limbaugh is opposed to abortion. Where do you stand?
i'm against abortion. but i would not make it illegal.

I find it distasteful that the federal government got into something that should have been left at the state level. The woman at the center of Roe has admitted that the case was founded and decided based on purjured testimony.

I also believe that the legitimization of killing at ANY level legitimizes killing at EVERY level. Look at what happened during the assisted suicide debates; they used Roe as their fundamental argument.

When you teach kids in school that it is all righ to kill another human being for your own convenience, they then take it to the next level and start conveniently bringing a firearm to school and shooting the bullies who tortured them.

2. Limbaugh is opposed to expanding government programs. Where do you stand?
WHAT government programs?
yeah, i'm against a lot of government spending. socail welfare as well as CORPORATE welfare.

The welfare state has done more to damage the American family, especially the Black family unit, than any other single thing. Since the purported "War on Poverty" began, we have spent fully ELEVEN TRILLION DOLLARS and the rates of poverty HAVE NOT CHANGED.

3. Limbaugh is opposed to gun control. Where do you stand?
i prefer 77 grain from a 16" 1/7 twist barrel.

I like a heavier round myself. Read my sig line to see what I think of gun control.

4. Limbaugh is pro business and capitalism. Where do you stand?
i'm all for business and capitalism.

If it were up to me, businesses would pay NO taxes whatsoever. The consumption tax, at a mere 7% excluding food, clothing and shelter, would cure most of the ills of this country and even the politicians would find it hard to spend it fast enough.

Businesses should be given government subsidies and incentives, like they do in other countries like Japan, that would make entities like the auto and steel strong again. Who cares what the dollar does against the Euro. Let them experience the flight of workers to America for once as the manufacturing base recovers.

5. Limbaugh is opposed to socialized healthcare. Where do you stand?
i'm opposed to socialized heathcare.

Socialized healthcare is nothing more than turning one seventh of the entire U.S. economy over to an entity that has never made a profit at anything it has ebver endeavored -- government. There would be so many levels of bureaucracy that the money for healthcare would have to be filtered through that little of it would actually get to the patient level.

6. Limbaugh is pro military. Where do you stand?
i'm pro military. i support lots and lots of military spending.

Every time I see a military person at our store I shake their hand and tell them "Thank you." They do a bang up job for little pay and even less appreciation. They volunteer to do the dirtiest job on Earth and they are making it possible for those who have never tasted freedom to take a big bite. Freedom is self sustaining once given. Unfortunately, those who languish in freedom soon forget the price paid for it by those who serve.

Slowly but surely, they relinquish whatb they have until it has to be re-won through the shedding of fresh blood.

7. Limbaugh is for the war. Where do you stand?
`i think it's a massive waste of resources, that we'll need to sink money into for at least 10 years to come, and possibly the biggest foreign policy blunder in US history.

and that makes me a commie pussy, right?

No, and hell no. In that order.

One does not have to be a bad person to oppose the war. Yes, there is a lot of money being spent on the war but look at how many billions of dollars one simply and brilliantly executed attack on this country cost us.

Surely, if we leave Iraq and Afghanistan before the job is done, those same people will follow our troops home and start wreaking havoc here. Look at what happened in London.

8. Limbaugh is opposed to unions. Where do you stand?
i find unions distasteful but prefer regularized relations with an established union to the good old days of calling out the national guard to shoot unruly workers.

Unions are the biggest driver of cost in this nation. GM spends 2.2 buillion dollars on steel to build cars and 5 billion on benefits. They let themselves get talked into this mess wherein they have to pay laid off workers their full wages and benefits regardless of whether they seek reemployment or not.

9. Limbaugh is opposed to the UN. Where do you stand?
i;d prefer if we didn;t fund it to the degree we do.

We pay 25% of all peacekeeping missions, not including materiel, and 33% of the entire UN budget. We need to shed ourselves of that wotrthless entity and raze the building to the ground and build something useful in its place. The UN is an internationally corrupt organization and should meet the same fate as the League of Nations.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
If it were up to me, businesses would pay NO taxes whatsoever.

There isn't a business that has ever paid a dime in taxes. Pass the cost along to the consumer. If only liberals understood that. We pay for their attempted thievery. Giving tax breaks/corporate welfare is a money maker for the municipality/state/feds. They organization can hire more bodies & pass along price cuts.

jimpeel

There isn't a business that has ever paid a dime in taxes. Pass the cost along to the consumer. If only liberals understood that.

BINGO!

That is exactly my point. If they didn't have to pay taxes they wouldn't have to charge us as much for their products with their tax burden built into the price.