The newest threat to your liberty

catocom

I think the unintended consequences could be more car chases,
putting even more people at risk.
Not necessarily by driver that have been drinking, but by some people
that don't like needles.

ResearchMonkey

always somehow about your own oppression, isn't it?
Not really, I'm here legally and I've drank maybe 4 beers in the last decade.

It is however ironic that people called Arizona "Nazi" for asking to see papers that foreigners are required by federal law to carry but it's OK to preform curbside medical procedure on US citizens.

catocom

yep...US citizenship
Membership used to have it's privileges.
Now it's a liability. (in many cases, and more being added all the time)

Winky

yup anyone that believes the government is over
stepping its bounds, is ignorant retro and
no doubt shops at Wal-Mart.

This will do nothing to solve the drunk driving issue
but it does further conditioning of the populace to surrender
to the almighty overseers.

ResearchMonkey

preachdiversityandcultu.jpg

jimpeel

What "Constitutional rights" are being violated, and please don't say the 4th?

Crimes are supposed to be based upon actual harm. Prior restraint laws negate the basis on which laws are supposed to work by a finding of guilt prior to the commission of a crime.

Laws only become more draconian as time marches on. Where will this type of authoritarian behavior lead next?

Minority report anyone?

jimpeel

By the way. If I get stopped and they want to have me undergo a field sobriety test I will refuse and demand a blood draw. I want to be as big a pain in the ass, and demand the most costly test, as I can. I don't drink and drive so I can afford to be a pain in the ass to these bastards.

If I get caught in one of these traps, I will roll down the window far enough to hand them my license, registration, and proof of insurance and roll it back up. At that point, I have completed all of the legal requirements the law demands. I do not have to speak to them, look at them, or acknowledge their existence as human beings.

Gotholic

By the way. If I get stopped and they want to have me undergo a field sobriety test I will refuse and demand a blood draw. I want to be as big a pain in the ass, and demand the most costly test, as I can. I don't drink and drive so I can afford to be a pain in the ass to these bastards.

If I get caught in one of these traps, I will roll down the window far enough to hand them my license, registration, and proof of insurance and roll it back up. At that point, I have completed all of the legal requirements the law demands. I do not have to speak to them, look at them, or acknowledge their existence as human beings.

Then your DNA will be on file, right?

jimpeel

Then your DNA will be on file, right?

It likely already is. I, and every other associate at Wal-Mart, had to take a piss test to work there. Who is to say that the insurance companies aren't contracting with these testing labs to get a portion of the test material for their own testing? They could then weed out those who are most likely to have genetic markers for diseases they don't want to pay for.

There's a new conspiracy theory for you; and you heard it here first. Spread it around. Maybe it will become true.

2minkey

bootlicker
sure, possible, but most of them blowhards are only interesting in their own civil liberties e.g. they would like to see a full cavity search of every muslim at the airport but whine like a baby about backscatter scanners.

golly, i become more proud of america every day.