Childe Cycle, by Dickson
Ringworld series by Niven
Lucifer's Hammer, by Niven and Pournelle

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
paul_valaru said:
I am a dark tower fanatic!!!

I have read all the books related to it, except the last 2 of the dark tower series, cause I can't find the second to last anywhere.

by ALL the books I mean these ones too.

Read 'em all...have 'em all on CD & have th efirst three, on cassette, with King reading (though several tapes are broken).

Every single book King has ever written has some reference to the Dark Tower. In the Dark Tower, Jake, Roland, Eddir & Susannah travel thru some of the aftermath of the Stand. Even books written post DT have references to it.

Roland for President.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Gonz said:
Read 'em all...have 'em all on CD & have th efirst three, on cassette, with King reading (though several tapes are broken).

Every single book King has ever written has some reference to the Dark Tower. In the Dark Tower, Jake, Roland, Eddir & Susannah travel thru some of the aftermath of the Stand. Even books written post DT have references to it.

Roland for President.

he actualy has a list of what books converge with the dark tower directly.

though I guess the outlook can be the tower (shining)

simplyred

Currently reading The Purpose Driven Life , and I highly recommend it.

I am a romance freak. I love Danielle Steel (Message from Nam being my favorite) and I adored Pride and Prejudice. I'm a sap.

simplyred

I like Grisham and Clancy too. I absolutely HAVE to stay away from King and Rice. I can not read anything that sparks the imagination in the wrong direction. I have terrible vivid nightmares.

ekahs retsam

paul_valaru said:
he actualy has a list of what books converge with the dark tower directly.

though I guess the outlook can be the tower (shining)

alright I might actually have to read that series now.

i love the made for TV movie "Needful Things" but i hated the "Kingdom Hospital" series.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
ekahs retsam said:
alright I might actually have to read that series now.

i love the made for TV movie "Needful Things" but i hated the "Kingdom Hospital" series.

Kingdom Hospital was a "remake" of a swedish TV series, I rented the one in swedish a few years ago (before the american remake) and it rocked the american version was a bit weak.

unclehobart

Just finished my 4th reading of The Stand.

sweet.

I was thinking of of either rereading Battle Circle by Piers Anthony or lifting an Eddings series or two off of Homey.

Professur

Batle Circle would be my choice. If you're gonna do Eddings, do them in the order they were written. If you start reading the Sparhawk set first, you'll never enjoy the Belgariad.

tonksy

I'm reading some cheesy novel about this little spanish aristocrat girl that was living in hiding at a convent to escape the war and was suppose to marry some spanish fop but she said screw you and ran away with gypsies where she was accosted by some ships captain who got her drunk and had his way with her but he was startled to discover the she was a virgin. She stows away in his ship disguised as a cabin boy to travel to france to live with her aunt, who just happens to be married to Napoleon where she meets this english man and falls madly in love but he is to be married to some heiress but he really likes our heroine...but so does this evil russian dude. It's my bath time book.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
did Rob write it? :lol2:

I'm about to read the Hannibal books. I of course saw the movies but never read the books. So I bought them "for Paul" last week. My turn now!

Slim Pickens

Leslie said:
did Rob write it? :lol2:

I'm about to read the Hannibal books. I of course saw the movies but never read the books. So I bought them "for Paul" last week. My turn now!

EXCELLENT choice! Great books!

HomeLAN

Professur said:
Batle Circle would be my choice. If you're gonna do Eddings, do them in the order they were written. If you start reading the Sparhawk set first, you'll never enjoy the Belgariad.

That's no issue. I own 'em all, so he could easily read them in order.