The rulings have only begun

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Gonz, the system is there for a reason.

I know what you meant by scum, you meant the people who abuse the system, but you should have been a clearer on that point.

My mom was on it as well, for a few years, until we could get back on our feet.

The majority of the people who use the system don't abuse it, calling all poeple on welfare scum is like calling all germans nazis, or all white americans KKK members.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
going through hard times.
Not everyone on welfare is leaching the government, and thus tax payers, because they WANT to.
Do you think my Mom liked feeding her two sons

You had a point until this line;
My Mom now has 6 kids with one on the way,
combined with this
Someone taking advantage of the welfare system by having kid after kid to get more money. Five more kids who get to eat ketchup sandwhiches just so she won't have to work?

Now, she had 2 kids & life was tough. She had a shitty job with low pay. She needed help. Alright, I can accept that. Assuming she chooses to find a better job & get herself & her sons off the system. Education, job training, work experience, any combination of the three & the problem is solved. Throw in 4 more kids andm assuming she/you are still on th system and yes I havea serious problem & you are who I'm talking about.

Things aren't always as simple as you want them to be

Yes they are. Choices. Priorities. Those are the maker or breaker.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
paul_valaru said:
Gonz, the system is there for a reason.

Yes it is. It's there as a temporary fix when all the chips have fallen against you. Temporary being the key word. Not exacerbating the problem with not doing your part.

I'd actually like to see us go back to a WPA type program. You want somehting, you give something. Hand-outs are the problem. No boost in morale when the goose is handed out with nothing asked in return. No bost in productivity, no boost in self-esteem (*gag*), no boost in self cofidence, no boost in the way the system needs to work. Nothing but lay on my ass & get fat on someone elses dime.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Gonz said:
Yes it is. It's there as a temporary fix when all the chips have fallen against you. Temporary being the key word. Not exacerbating the problem with not doing your part.

I'd actually like to see us go back to a WPA type program. You want somehting, you give something. Hand-outs are the problem. No boost in morale when the goose is handed out with nothing asked in return. No bost in productivity, no boost in self-esteem (*gag*), no boost in self cofidence, no boost in the way the system needs to work. Nothing but lay on my ass & get fat on someone elses dime.

well, I don't know how it works in the states, but here if you are on welfare, and capible of working you either work, and welfare pays you, or you study to make youself more employable.

capible of work means mentally and physically fit, with no kids to support (ie single mother).

if you can find it, read a book called "the losers" by david eddings, a lot of it involves people on welfare, and how they cheat the system, but ALSO how the system sucks you in, and makes it hard to leave.

rrfield

Gonz said:
Now, she had 2 kids & life was tough. She had a shitty job with low pay. She needed help. Alright, I can accept that. Assuming she chooses to find a better job & get herself & her sons off the system. Education, job training, work experience, any combination of the three & the problem is solved. Throw in 4 more kids andm assuming she/you are still on th system and yes I havea serious problem & you are who I'm talking about.

I left out certain information on purpose because I knew you would assume my Mom is a leach. She has not been on any sort of public assistance for, oh, 17 years? She got married to a wonderful man who adopted myself and my oldest brother in 1988 (the adoption took place in 1989). She home schools the little ones.

My oldest brother joined the army straight out of high school. I worked my way through college without assistance from my parents or grants. All funds came from Steak n' Shake, the $2 movie theater, the electric company and 5/3 Bank (who I am now paying each and every freakin' month).

Yep, my family is the scum you are talking about.

rrfield

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I wrote said:
assuming she/you are still on the system and yes I have a serious problem

I added that, since it was unclear. Since your mother chose to move on, you are the one with the guilt & need to get over it. Read post #63.

rrfield

No Gonz, things are NOT always black and white. Any attempt to make things this way is an over simplification.

I'm sorry if you can't grasp this.

The original point - you said only "welfare scum" got free immunizations and the rest of the people have to pay for them. Do you not feel any sense of responsibility to ensure the well-being of the less fortunate? Do poor people not deserve to be protected from disease?

I know, I know, health care is not a right. Let's let the poor people die.

rrfield

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Ban who? Are we not allowed to have our own opinions now, or God forbid to actually express them?

Where are the personal attacks? Defamation? Intolerably foul attitude and language? Desire to do nothing but start trouble?

Jesus... what is the "Real World" forum for if not to express our personal views about real world problems?

chcr

Too cute for words
I think PT was being facetious OSLI. Gonz said something that pissed a lot of people off (if you can imagine that :)) and, well read back through, I think you'll see what I mean.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Nah, it was mostly a joke, although banning an admin would be kind of cool. :D

freako104

rrfield said:
I said "fuck you" directly to Gonz, so if anyone deserves to be banned, it's me. I won't argue.

rrfield

wow. omg. you said what so many others have said on here and you had a reason. you dont deserve it by any means mate. you felt he attacked you and in a way he did. you still cool mate

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Some of you are awfully sensitive to one simple sentence. Five people have admitted to being on, or being the child of someone, on welfare. Of those five, or more, how many are STILL on welfare? Do you feel so betrayed by your (previous?) problems that someone making a clearly blanket statement actually upsets you? If so, don't argue with me, you're the one with "issues". I've already made it clear who I would put on the welfare scum list. Ask yourself why you're upset. If you've moved on and/or don't qualify, get over it. If you feel you do qualify, then get over it. You are the one making your life miserable, not me. I'm just pointing out things that most won't.

rrfield, I can handle "Fuck You"'s, as long as it doesn't get more personal, we're okay.

PT, bring it on bitch :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Oh, hell, fine. Whenever you see the name Squiggy in refernce to being killed, replace it with, oh, I don't know...how about freak104 :lol: