The War is back on

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'd judge that the military is content to do their job until their job is complete instead of following questionable polls & weak-kneed politicians looking to flee prematurely because the job is not politically expedient.

spike

Apparently you misjudge the ability of the military to recognize a farce when they see one.

Professur

Anyone see the new BS? One of the media outlets is trying to force it's journalists to call the fighting in Iraq a civil war. Talk about trying to make the news.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Apparently you misjudge the ability of the military to recognize a farce when they see one.

Apparantly you misjudge the ability of a poll to give you an opinion or an idea, don't you? I'll tell you this much, though. Nobody in the military wants to be in a war zone. That's a survival trait. That's why that particular poll is flawed. If I had my choice, we'd have never been there at all, but I don't make policy. I have a job to do, and I'd wish you, and those of your ilk, would shut your yaps and let us do our job the way its supposed to be done, and not some 'touchy-feely', 'nobody gets hurt' way you think it should be. If politics would've stayed out of it, this would've been over already.

spike

Apparantly you misjudge the ability of a poll to give you an opinion or an idea, don't you? I'll tell you this much, though. Nobody in the military wants to be in a war zone. That's a survival trait. That's why that particular poll is flawed. If I had my choice, we'd have never been there at all, but I don't make policy. I have a job to do, and I'd wish you, and those of your ilk, would shut your yaps and let us do our job the way its supposed to be done, and not some 'touchy-feely', 'nobody gets hurt' way you think it should be. If politics would've stayed out of it, this would've been over already.

The job is to protect the country which this is not. I wish you would quit flapping your jaw with assumptions. It was all Bush politics from the beginning, that's why it started.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
The job is to protect the country which this is not. I wish you would quit flapping your jaw with assumptions. It was all Bush politics from the beginning, that's why it started.

The job of the military is not just to protect the country. You need to look at history before you start making a fool of yourself...again.

spike

Anyone see the new BS? One of the media outlets is trying to force it's journalists to call the fighting in Iraq a civil war. Talk about trying to make the news.

I've heard some journalists calling it a civil war lately but not about any journalists being forced to call it that. Got a link?

spike

The job of the military is not just to protect the country. You need to look at history before you start making a fool of yourself...again.

Oh yeah, threats from WMDs sound familiar? That was the job. How's that going?

Don't talk to me about looking like a fool while you always sit around doubting evidence while providing none of your own.

catocom

You don't have to be there to know that tens of thousands dying in a farce sucks.

I disagree that it's a farce. (if you didn't get that part)

No you don't have to be there to get the bigger picture, but I count someones
word that has been/is there.

and as far as how many have died (tens of thousands ??) not on our side.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It was all Bush politics from the beginning, that's why it started.

For the sake of expediency, let's assume you are correct in that statemnet. What is one of the jobs of the President of the United States? Since I'm running out of time, I'll tell you-COMMANDER IN CHIEF.

Add to that, the United States Congress passing authorization, not once, not twice but three times for President Bush to handle these matters as he, the COMMANDER IN CHIEF, see fit.