The "WHY" thread...

Mare

Why is it when we talk to God we are praying, but when God talks to us we are put into the loony bin?

Why do dogs sniff other dog’s bottoms to say hello, why don’t they just bark in their face or something?

Mare

Why is it when your kids are sick, its the mother/father intuition to go nuts to make them better???? NO MATTER what? :crying4:

Mare

Why do they call hurricanes male/female names? :lol2:

*Got any suggestions for new names for them-ANYONE?????

SexyBoo

Mare said:
Why do they call hurricanes male/female names? :lol2:

*Got any suggestions for new names for them-ANYONE?????

I think that they used to only name them after females from what I've heard - then they added the male naming later? Anyone?

Mare

Why is it 2004 and we haven't had a female president YET????????????? :D

(be nice with the answer) :lol2:

Inkara1

Mare said:
Why is it 2004 and we haven't had a female president YET????????????? :D

(be nice with the answer) :lol2:
You were alive in 1993. You don't remember what one of the biggest running jokes of 1993 was?

Inkara1

BeardofPants said:
No, but being foreign will do that to ya.

Tom? No more misfit toys?
Mare's not foreign.

For those in other nations, a quick explanation: in 1993, when Clinton was new in the white house, the running joke was that we already had a female president, because Hillary seemed to be weilding a lot of power. Witness her attempt to pass socialized health care.

Inkara1

That's why I stuck the little explanation in there. I figured that a lot of people in other nations might not get my reference, so to be safe I explained myself.

Inkara1

Why is it that you say you're "taking a dump" when you're not actually taking it anywhere, and in fact you're leaving it?

Mare

Sharky said:
Why is it that women cannot apply mascara with their mouth closed?

Applying mascara:
Open your mouth slightly while putting on mascara. You won`t poke yourself in the eye. This does work!