Tourney Time 2005

Thulsa Doom

Well weve made it to another selection Sunday in March. Let the madness begin on by far the greatest sporting event on earth. Not a shock at all about the first three number one seeds. Washington is a bit surprising considering they are ranked 14 in the country. But they did win the PAC-10 and some others slipped so Im fine with it. Illinois looks hard to beat but this is the big dance and anything can happen as we all know. So anybody see any potential upsets early on? Havent really had time to sit down and analyze it all yet.

Stop Laughing

Illinois got a very winnable bracket too, the only team in there that gives them any matchup problems is Oklahoma State 'cause they have a big inside game, and they look prone to being upset along the way from the way they've been playing lately. Bruce Weber's gonna be rooting like hell for his old team SIU against them in their potential second round matchup. Also don't forget another thing going for the Illini, they're playing very close, Indy first, then Chicago (I could walk to the Allstate Arena), then St. Louis.

One full bracket here

Inkara1

Watch out for New Mexico. They're probably about the hottest team in the country right now.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Got my eye on Louisville. Underseeded, in a very winnable bracket, and a helluva coach who knows how to win.

Early chokes: Gonzaga, Villanova, and OK State.

Watch 'Bama too...they can win some games people won't be expecting.

chcr

Too cute for words
Was anyone besides me horrified watching that Memphis kid miss the free throws at the end of the game? Poor kid.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
chcr said:
Was anyone besides me horrified watching that Memphis kid miss the free throws at the end of the game? Poor kid.

I saw that. I felt bad for him too. Just a freshman, he's gonna be a good'n.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Memphis was on my preseason watch list for the dance. Methinks they thugged out a bit this season. Calliparri or however it's speeled has a weakness in controlling his team sometimes, and this year I think it cost them a bid. They have enough talent to do some damage in the tournament, but ya gotta get there first.

In a similar vein, my perrenial underdog pick, Xavier, didn't cut the mustard this year either. Wha happen? David West was that much to replace?

Thulsa Doom

No one in the mens bracket really got hosed. I can accept Washington getting a number one seed despite being ranked 14th in the country just the week before. Louisville is kind of iffy at a 4 seed but what can you do. I dont think they are gonna worry about it. Ill tell you who got hosed: The Stanford Women. THE number ONE team in the country and they dont pull one of the four number one seeds? How does that work exactly?

Anyway...

All right I gotcher final four right here! Illinois. Louisville. Syracuse and Kansas. Now quick someone distract me before I change my mind again... Especially about the Louisville pick... I just dont like that region one bit...

chcr

Too cute for words
One 12 seed always beats one 5 seed. I'll bet the rest of the fives are breathing a sigh of relief. I thought all along Alabama was over-rated.

Thulsa Doom

I thought about picking that. UWM is one of those strong senior laden teams that often end up picking someone off in the tourney.

HomeLAN

So far, I've picked 3 wrong, and had 2 of 'em going another step. *sigh*

Tonks, have a word with your boys at LSU, would ya?