Tourney Time 2005

chcr

Too cute for words
I had Vermont beating SU (experiecned, hard-nosed and underrated), but HomLAN's right. Who the heck would have picked Bucknell? Of course, I always pick Lute and the boys at Arizona but UAB scares me. I had Gonzaga going to the Eite Eight. :shrug: This is why I don't gamble on sporting events.

chcr

Too cute for words
BTW, I meant to post when HomeLAN posted his but:

Arizona (I know, but I gotta)
Wake Forest
UNC (watch out for Florida)
Kentucky

Maybe a rematch of the best championship game in recent memory????

chcr

Too cute for words
Thulsa Doom said:
I thought about picking that. UWM is one of those strong senior laden teams that often end up picking someone off in the tourney.

Yeah, but two someones??? What a great game to watch. :D

Thulsa Doom

Man that game was intense. And super physical. I was exhausted just watching it. Those guys were pumped. Like a team on crystal meth or something. diving everywhere and bashing each other inside. But now they have their hands full with Illinois.

chcr

Too cute for words
Thulsa Doom said:
Man that game was intense. And super physical. I was exhausted just watching it. Those guys were pumped. Like a team on crystal meth or something. diving everywhere and bashing each other inside. But now they have their hands full with Illinois.

No doubt. I hope they beat 'em though. Smooths the path for Arizona. :D

Inkara1

I'm glad I didn't fill out a bracket this year... otherwise I might have had Wake Forest or Oklahoma in the final four. That would have sucked.

chcr

Too cute for words
Inkara1 said:
I'm glad I didn't fill out a bracket this year... otherwise I might have had Wake Forest or Oklahoma in the final four. That would have sucked.
Yeah, it did.:p
*sigh*

chcr said:
Arizona (I know, but I gotta)
Wake Forest
UNC (watch out for Florida)
Kentucky

Stop Laughing

All of us here were happy with the Bucknell win, Bill Self left Illinois for Kansas to lose to them in the first round, how perfect. :D Time to go see if I can find some tickets somewhere to the next two rounds here...

I lost one of mine, 3 still intact:

Illinois
Wake Forest
Kentucky
NC

My brother had Syracuse there, so he's got confetti now too. :D

Stop Laughing

Another #2 went down just now, UConn's out. OK State's on now, I hope they lose cause I picked them to go down here, I just hope the #2 losses haven't hit their limit yet.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I came in to the office this morning prepared to shred my bracket, only to discover that I am leading! That is scary...

My Final Four are still alive too. NC, Duke, Louisville, and Illinois. I got Louisville taking Duke in the final, 81-70.

What really sucks is, 2 years ago I won the office pool and cleared $220. This year, almost nobody played, and I'd only clear less than $20. Bragging rights are worth more than that.

Inkara1

Bob Knight said:
You wanna play, then I'm gettin' the fuck outta here.

I mean if you're not gonna cover Greg Graham, if you're just gonna let him drive by you, if the rest of you are gonna let him catch the ball outside the three-second lane, and drive all the way in here without one guy challenging him, then I'm leaving and you fucking guys will run 'til you can't even suffer!

Now I'm tired of this shit! I'm sick and fucking tired of an 8-10 record! I'm fucking tired of losing to Purdue! I'm not here to fuck around this week! Now you may be, but I'm not!

Now I'm gonna fucking guarantee you that if we don't play up there Monday night you ain't gonna believe the next four fucking days! Now I am not here to get my ass beat on Monday! Now you better fucking understand that right now!

This is absolute fucking bullshit!

Now I'll fucking run your ass right into the ground! I mean, I'll fucking run you... you'll think last night was a fucking picnic! I had to sit around for a fucking year with an 8-10 record in this fucking league! And I mean you will not put me in that fucking position again, or you will God-damn pay for it like you can't fucking believe!

Now you better get your head out of your ass!

rrfield

chcr said:
Umm... You didn't know this before?

I knew. He keeps reminding people though.

I'm an IU alum, I was in school when he was fired, I participated in what the local media called a "riot" (I didn't know riot chants included Boobies For Bobby and Beer On Sunday).

He has no one to blame but himself for what happened at IU, yet he keeps answering asshole reporters questions about IU. Take the high road, dumbass.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I'm one of the rare few who actually likes Bobby Knight. Maybe not all of his antics, but I do like the guy. He's off base with this tirade though. Let it go, Bobby. Move on. Get a grip, have a beer, slap a dean, whatever. Sheesh.

rrfield

SouthernN'Proud said:
I'm one of the rare few who actually likes Bobby Knight. Maybe not all of his antics, but I do like the guy. He's off base with this tirade though. Let it go, Bobby. Move on. Get a grip, have a beer, slap a dean, whatever. Sheesh.

Throw a chair, shoot a hunter, choke a resturant patron...