Tree trimming

tonksy

When are you going to put up your tree?
We plan on doing ours tonight as the girls have been excited to get it done. We're gonna try a new spot this year as I don't feel like moving all the plants from the bay window.

MrBishop

Usually 2-3 weeks prior to Xmass. This weekend or next... and the trimming takes days. This Saturday, the lights go up on the house because of decent weather. :)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
no tree this xmas, unless my sister wants to come and put it up :lol:

Inkara1

My (fake cheapie from Wal-Mart) tree is already up.

You should make a thread on bush trimming. :grinyes:

tonksy

We are currently at a tree trimming standstill. We gots us a blown bulb somewheres on the strand...dontcha hate that?

Bush trimming? I think there are probably more bush trimming threads on this board than there are tree trimming threads.

Inkara1

Is it a mini bulb strand from the last 10-15 years? That means a loose or missing bulb, then... the strand is still wired in series like before, but the bulbs are designed to send energy through once the filaments burn out. But a missing, loose or broken bulb defeats that.

tonksy

Rob tried replacing each bulb one by one...but then I reminded him of the huge box of lights we inherited from his Dad and that busted string was off like a prom dress.

BlurOfSerenity

i'll be rummaging for the little 2-foot hot pink tree soon, and putting it up much like last year. purple lights, purple and pink ball ornaments, and a glittery pink star. and hearts made of pink and silver tinsel hearts nestled in the branches!

tonksy

i'll be rummaging for the little 2-foot hot pink tree soon, and putting it up much like last year. purple lights, purple and pink ball ornaments, and a glittery pink star. and hearts made of pink and silver tinsel hearts nestled in the branches!

Ash - I soo have my eye on a hot pink feather tree at Michael's for the girl's room. I think they'd love it.

Well, 3/4 of the way through a bottle of Evan Williams egg nog and 4 strands of Christmas lights later our tree is up. The girl's were actually quite helpful whilst decorating too!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Ours will go up here on the 18th I guess...we go cut it on the 17th. I dunno how my family is gonna manage this year though, I'm the light putter onner...I guess I'll have to come into Brampton mid week or the tree might be bare when I come in on Christmas Eve :eek:

I'm gonna put up my little 3' fake one at my apartment probably Dec 9

Bish: You MUST put your lights up on the SNOWIEST, STORMIEST day of the year! It's the rule! I plan to do our lights on the 16th (I'm coming to visit on the 16th and 17th and it's unlikely anyone else in this house will do it).

tonksy

Okay, so now I get to start wrapping stuff. It helps me to be able to have a visual tally of who I got what....when it's all tucked away I forget about it. I have a feeling I am done with everyone residing in this house except for stocking stuffers.

nalani

I'm not doing anything Christmasy until I finish my living room ... that's incentive for me to get it done, right? LOL ... My kids said they didn't want a tree this year - they felt that it's just gonna sit there and we don't spend Christmas morning at home anyway ... I want a tree though ... how else is my house gonna smell like Christmas? It's not like I'm gonna bake sugar cookies or anything LOL

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'm not doing anything Christmasy until I finish my living room ... that's incentive for me to get it done, right? LOL ... My kids said they didn't want a tree this year - they felt that it's just gonna sit there and we don't spend Christmas morning at home anyway ... I want a tree though ... how else is my house gonna smell like Christmas? It's not like I'm gonna bake sugar cookies or anything LOL

I'm gonna bake cookies! I love baking!

simplyred

Our tree was up before Thanksgiving. We wanted to make sure the girls got to participate in decorating. I have a prelit tree. Call me lame, but it is SO much easier than stringing up the lights. We did do white lights outside and that was a pain!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Our tree was up before Thanksgiving. We wanted to make sure the girls got to participate in decorating. I have a prelit tree. Call me lame, but it is SO much easier than stringing up the lights. We did do white lights outside and that was a pain!

Until the bulbs start going, then it's gonna be a HUGE pain :D\

BTW Welcome back~!

rrfield

put it up (fake tree) last friday while the wife was taking care of the crazies. we decoated it saturday. outdoor lights went up tuesday.

majestyx

The outside lights went up on Sunday. Don't think I'll be putting up a tree as most likely there won't be any packages to put under it anyway. We don't have any younguns (the youngest is 18), so the Christmas gifts consist of cash money. Just stocking stuffer stuff.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
The outside lights went up on Sunday. Don't think I'll be putting up a tree as most likely there won't be any packages to put under it anyway. We don't have any younguns (the youngest is 18), so the Christmas gifts consist of cash money. Just stocking stuffer stuff.

That is SO unfun. My brother is 18 and I'm gonna be 23 by Christmas and there's still TON of gifts here at my place, we all (me, my bro and my mom) buy each other all sorts of things.

majestyx

That is SO unfun. My brother is 18 and I'm gonna be 23 by Christmas and there's still TON of gifts here at my place, we all (me, my bro and my mom) buy each other all sorts of things.

Well, it may be SO unfun, but not only is there Christmas but there are also birthdays that I have to deal with. One on the 21st, one on the 23rd and another on the 31st.