Tree trimming

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The southern section is far more interesting than the great cornfields & flatland of the north.

BB

And, how many OTHER of your immediate family members' birthdays are in the span of 10 days with Christmas thrown in the middle????? You may think it is SO unfun, but the way we have our Christmas works for us. And, I have NO objections from any of my kids and husband. In fact, they PREFER the cash so they can buy what they want anyhow.

how about the cash ..and just a little very cheap inexpensive , even deliberatley jokey thing wrapped up just for fun?

nothing any thought or money went on ... just a quite random jokey present ... no one expects anything ..just the fun of it?

(most presents ever bought by me fall into this category :D )

Kinda like your christmas stocking stuff?

some gloves with a satsuma, a walnut and a minature bottle of whiskey / countreau etc etc?

easy and fun to shop for - about one hour and preferablly one shop ought to do it - and all the fun of the fair!

BB

anyway - Let's face it, once you are adults ... rarely is the present actually that awe inspiring ... its as much about the banter opening them all up and being together etc.. -

having the family together ... being little kids inside again with your brothers and sisters etc ... passing this fun on to the next generation ... the stoopid customs and traditions ... like what Catocom said somewhere (in the thread patrolled vigilantly by the Enforcer ... :bgpimp: .. i think )

tis the fun of it rather than the actual present, mostly.

simplyred

Mom always said it was bad luck to put the tree up before December 1st, so I go with that. Although I suspect now that it was just cause she didn't wanna.

See, I heard it was bad luck to do it before the day after Thanksgiving????

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Thanksgiving for us is the beginning of October, so that'd be really pushing it. Almost may as well leave it up :lloyd:

unclehobart

I can take you through part of the country where they do. Its frightening. Row after row of houses that leave up the twinkler icicles throughout the year.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Much safer than crawling around on rooftops after the ice age has set in.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Much safer than crawling around on rooftops after the ice age has set in.

Leaving regular lights up all year (if they're NOT turned on) is OK...leaving those damn icicle lights up all year turns ones house into an eye sore (even if they're not on)...if you're gonna leave your lights up for the love of god, just use regular straight string lights!

simplyred

I am finding myself redecorating the tree EVERYDAY because the darned cats won't stay out of it when we are not home! :hmm:

tonksy

Oddly enough, ours haven't been at the tree...although Silmaril likes to sleep behind the presents under it.

MrBishop

Bish: You MUST put your lights up on the SNOWIEST, STORMIEST day of the year! It's the rule! I plan to do our lights on the 16th (I'm coming to visit on the 16th and 17th and it's unlikely anyone else in this house will do it).

At the rate our weather is arriving (slow) that'd be after Christmas. :p

I didn't get anything done this weekend :(

BB

apart from eating and posing naked for photos??? .. and a bit more eating?

image.php

..you are putting on weight Master! :bgpimp:

BB

ah, wise words!

Think of the children! :)

Thou art wise beyond mortal ken master Darlek! ;)

and dedicated beyond the average mince -pie and whisky guzzler!

truly this is dedication from the BIG man!

whoSUMO ever eateth this mince pie shall be declared truly the one and rightful Santa ...

MrBishop

IF Santa's naked and thinking of the children, perhaps someone should notify the DND and Homeland Security peeps. He's a pagan legend from overseas who's planning on breaking into every home in America, in some cases planting fossil fuel fragments into people's socks!! :eek: