Tree trimming

simplyred

Well, it may be SO unfun, but not only is there Christmas but there are also birthdays that I have to deal with. One on the 21st, one on the 23rd and another on the 31st.

Ouch!!! Payton's birthday is the 5th and I thought that was bad!!

So bad this year that the tot's birthday party will consist of cupcakes at daycare :shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Since we go out & pay someone who bought murdered trees to celebrate this Pagan/Christian/consumerism period, we wait until 2-3 weeks prior to the actual day of angst so we don't have that damned dead tree shitting needles all over the place and becomes a right perfect fire hazard.

My parents & I used to murder trees in the United States National Forests & I'd gladly take my child & show him the way but I live in Indiana now. It's all corn & soy. :shrug:

Error

Banned
Anyone ever tried one of those 6ft fiber optic trees? We're thinking about getting one...

We've obviously yet to set up the tree...seeing as we don't have one yet!

I love one colored trees. Like with red lights, ornaments, etc. Or blue. Gold.. whatever. So pretty.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I'll take my little fiber optic one out this weekend, blow off the dust, and plug it in. Should take all of five minutes...(it's only 36 inches tall...)

nalani

ok, I know this is gonna sounds weird to most of you but remember - I live on a rock in the middle of the ocean :D

What is a "pre-lit" tree? And what is a "fiber optic" tree?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
ok, I know this is gonna sounds weird to most of you but remember - I live on a rock in the middle of the ocean :D

It's the lazy man's way to have Christmas

majestyx

My Birthday is Dec 13 :shrug:

And, how many OTHER of your immediate family members' birthdays are in the span of 10 days with Christmas thrown in the middle????? You may think it is SO unfun, but the way we have our Christmas works for us. And, I have NO objections from any of my kids and husband. In fact, they PREFER the cash so they can buy what they want anyhow.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
And, how many OTHER of your immediate family members' birthdays are in the span of 10 days with Christmas thrown in the middle????? You may think it is SO unfun, but the way we have our Christmas works for us. And, I have NO objections from any of my kids and husband. In fact, they PREFER the cash so they can buy what they want anyhow.

No other immediate family members with birthdays in December. We usually get cash for our birthdays anyway. Along with a cake and a card.

Inkara1

Pre-lit: It comes in a box ready to set up. The branches have lights built in and just fold down from the center.

Fiber optic: There are a bunch of fiber optic fibers running from down at the bottom of the tree to various points around the branches, and at the base is a color wheel that turns over a light bulb. at the end of the fibers, you can see the colors that are continually changing.

majestyx

fiberoptic.jpg
Fiber Optic

prelit.jpg
Prelit tree

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Mom always said it was bad luck to put the tree up before December 1st, so I go with that. Although I suspect now that it was just cause she didn't wanna.

I've put up a few decorations as I come across them, and we had fun putting the outside lights up in the rain, but no tree till next weekend I believe, unless I get motivated sooner.

Snow would help.

Error

Banned
We're usually under a white blanket by the end of October!!! We've had exactly ZERO snow so far. It's pretty freaky.

Scary though too... comes late... may stay late.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Mom always said it was bad luck to put the tree up before December 1st, so I go with that. Although I suspect now that it was just cause she didn't wanna.

I've put up a few decorations as I come across them, and we had fun putting the outside lights up in the rain, but no tree till next weekend I believe, unless I get motivated sooner.

Snow would help.

Well, you didn't put up the lights in a snow storm but I guess rain is close enough to not be blasphamous :p

Altron

We usually wait until we're down to the wire, then drag home some gigantic motherfucker. Then we drag out the chainsaw and shorten it down to 12' so we can get it in the room with the high ceiling.