Tree trimming

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
House rule. No tree or other Christmas decorating until December 1 or later. Ours isn't up yet, will do a real tree this year and go buy a fake one Dec. 26 when they are cheaper.

BB

to me the actual tree isn't so interesting as what goes on it ...

all the family baubles, and oddities, the battered old angel at the top ..the wiry santas ..the robin red breasts ..the quirky (tacky in any other context) much loved snowmen ..the long dawdling purple baubel ..the glitzy round one ... etc etc ...

the tinsel and the short lived chocolates ( i blame Prof ) ..the lights and whatnot ...

it's a little bit of history and timelessness ... passed on from generation to generation ... changing ever and anon in the odd bit, but still with those traditional much loved family heirlooms of times past that with every new generation become beloved!

BB

it's almost a very innocent 'fuck-you' to those who would seek to change the very names of our todays, and many many yesterdays ... for '' all our'' tommorows.

:finger:

simplyred

Not hard to take care of, either flush em down the toilet or kick em outside...

If I flush them Slim and Payton won't speak to me for a year! And they are strictly inside cats. Oddly enough it seems to bother my allergies less if I keep their fur clean and they aren't tracking in dust from outside. I know it sounds weird, but it works. Sooo...I have taken to squirting them with a spray bottle when they go near it. It was an effective way to keep them from scratching on the rug. SO I figure by the time the tree comes down they will have learned :shrug:

kellyg

ok, I know this is gonna sounds weird to most of you but remember - I live on a rock in the middle of the ocean :D

What is a "pre-lit" tree? And what is a "fiber optic" tree?

Are you SURE we share DNA?? LOL!! We gotta get you out more. :toast: